Support Forums
Selector Switch bug

Hello.

I think there is some bug related to the Selector Switches. I have spent countless hours on this, and by accident found a way to make it work. Meaning this must be some bug.

If I make more than a couple Selector Switches, the next one appear with no data. Like 40310 below. I have the exact same settings, because I copy the working Switch. I only change the adress.

59a56673dd99c.png

Scanning for the 40310 Modbus adress with CAS:

59a566fe463e2.png

Reading the bit with digital input:

59a56750848f8.png

Selector Switch is still not working:

59a5679bbae9c.png

If I however enter ANY digital tag in Feedback.

59a567efc2d10.png

Then the Switch will show Auto, as the digital input was 1.

59a5682bcf489.png

But if I remove the Feedback, the Switch still works.

59a568572e803.png

And now I can toggle the switch as expected.

59a5695776af8.gif

Hello. I think there is some bug related to the Selector Switches. I have spent countless hours on this, and by accident found a way to make it work. **Meaning this must be some bug.** If I make more than a couple Selector Switches, the next one appear with no data. Like 40310 below. I have the exact same settings, because I copy the working Switch. I only change the adress. ![59a56673dd99c.png](serve/attachment&path=59a56673dd99c.png) Scanning for the 40310 Modbus adress with CAS: ![59a566fe463e2.png](serve/attachment&path=59a566fe463e2.png) Reading the bit with digital input: ![59a56750848f8.png](serve/attachment&path=59a56750848f8.png) Selector Switch is still not working: ![59a5679bbae9c.png](serve/attachment&path=59a5679bbae9c.png) If I however enter ANY digital tag in Feedback. ![59a567efc2d10.png](serve/attachment&path=59a567efc2d10.png) Then the Switch will show Auto, as the digital input was 1. ![59a5682bcf489.png](serve/attachment&path=59a5682bcf489.png) But if I remove the Feedback, the Switch still works. ![59a568572e803.png](serve/attachment&path=59a568572e803.png) And now I can toggle the switch as expected. ![59a5695776af8.gif](serve/attachment&path=59a5695776af8.gif)

I'm having trouble repeating this behavior. Can you take a look at the attached app which demonstrates a handful of selector switches, some in various configurations. Let me know what I'm missing.
2017-08-29Sample.snapshot can be found at ftp://ftp.trihedral.com/Marketing/DavePub/2017-08-29Sample.snapshot

I'm having trouble repeating this behavior. Can you take a look at the attached app which demonstrates a handful of selector switches, some in various configurations. Let me know what I'm missing. 2017-08-29Sample.snapshot can be found at ftp://ftp.trihedral.com/Marketing/DavePub/2017-08-29Sample.snapshot

Trihedral Engineering Ltd.

edited Aug 29 '17 at 4:50 pm

The Selector Switch is an Output tag. When you first create it, it does not know what position you want the switch to be in until you draw the switch on a page and click on a position. Then the indicator will appear on the graphic displaying switch position, and the tag will have a value corresponding to the position selected.
A feedback tag (if used) will also let the widget know what position the switch is in, and provide a value for the tag.

The Selector Switch is an Output tag. When you first create it, it does not know what position you want the switch to be in until you draw the switch on a page and click on a position. Then the indicator will appear on the graphic displaying switch position, and the tag will have a value corresponding to the position selected. A feedback tag (if used) will also let the widget know what position the switch is in, and provide a value for the tag.

The Selector Switch is an Output tag. When you first create it, it does not know what position you want the switch to be in until you draw the switch on a page and click on a position. Then the indicator will appear on the graphic displaying switch position, and the tag will have a value corresponding to the position selected.
A feedback tag (if used) will also let the widget know what position the switch is in, and provide a value for the tag.

Well, this makes sense. I was hung up on the idea that the Switch should read the state of the Modbus signal. But of course, it being a output tag, it will only change the state, and know its own state. Thanks!

>The Selector Switch is an Output tag. When you first create it, it does not know what position you want the switch to be in until you draw the switch on a page and click on a position. Then the indicator will appear on the graphic displaying switch position, and the tag will have a value corresponding to the position selected. >A feedback tag (if used) will also let the widget know what position the switch is in, and provide a value for the tag. Well, this makes sense. I was hung up on the idea that the Switch should read the state of the Modbus signal. But of course, it being a output tag, it will only change the state, and know its own state. Thanks!

If desired, selector switches can be configured to automatically switch based on an action other than a user input. There are two basic ways to do this. The first is to populate the position feedback parameter of the selector switch tag. The other is useful in the case where you want to have the same switch (it can have different graphics) in multiple places. In this case, simply draw the tag multiple times. Each selector switch linked to the same tag will have their positions synced.

If desired, selector switches can be configured to automatically switch based on an action other than a user input. There are two basic ways to do this. The first is to populate the **position feedback** parameter of the selector switch tag. The other is useful in the case where you want to have the same switch (it can have different graphics) in multiple places. In this case, simply draw the tag multiple times. Each selector switch linked to the same tag will have their positions synced.

Trihedral Engineering Ltd.

live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft