Support Forums
Disabling of String Entry

Hello.

I have a String Entry connected to a String I/O tag.

59ba687035ca6.png

The value of the String I/O is now my name. If I click it, it becomes editable.

59ba68a21d419.gif

But I want it to be locked, uneditable and unselectable. I can toggle Enable Output on the String I/O, this prevents editing. But the blinking dash is still there.

59ba6985e3b9c.png

I have tried making a opaque square on top of the text, that can be toggled on/off. But it seems like String Entry has the setting of Allways On Top.

Any ideas?

Hello. I have a String Entry connected to a String I/O tag. ![59ba687035ca6.png](serve/attachment&path=59ba687035ca6.png) The value of the String I/O is now my name. If I click it, it becomes editable. ![59ba68a21d419.gif](serve/attachment&path=59ba68a21d419.gif) But I want it to be locked, uneditable and unselectable. I can toggle _Enable Output_ on the String I/O, this prevents editing. But the blinking dash is still there. ![59ba6985e3b9c.png](serve/attachment&path=59ba6985e3b9c.png) I have tried making a opaque square on top of the text, that can be toggled on/off. But it seems like String Entry has the setting of _Allways On Top_. Any ideas?

If you don't want it to ever be selectable, use a GUIText object to display the value of the String I/O tag.

If you want it to be selectable for only certain logged in users, assign a Privilege on the Merit tab.

If you don't want it to ever be selectable, use a GUIText object to display the value of the String I/O tag. If you want it to be selectable for only certain logged in users, assign a Privilege on the Merit tab.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft