Support Forums
VTScada as SNMP agent

I have configured VTScada as a SNMP agent and generated a MIB file from the application. I have followed the SNMP agent configuration according to the following steps:

1. SNMPAgentEnable Value = 1
  2. SNMPAgentIPListener Value = SNMP IP Listener Tag
  3. Create SNMP Agent Widget on Idea Studio
  4. Generate MIB file
  5. Load MIB file using MIB browser but unable to GET any values

Is there a solution to resolve this issue and how do I troubleshoot from MIB Browser?

Thank you in advance.

I have configured VTScada as a SNMP agent and generated a MIB file from the application. I have followed the SNMP agent configuration according to the following steps: 1. SNMPAgentEnable Value = 1 2. SNMPAgentIPListener Value = SNMP IP Listener Tag 3. Create SNMP Agent Widget on Idea Studio 4. Generate MIB file 5. Load MIB file using MIB browser but unable to GET any values Is there a solution to resolve this issue and how do I troubleshoot from MIB Browser? Thank you in advance.
edited Nov 22 '17 at 9:08 am

What MIB browser are you using? If it is something like IReasonings MIB Browser, have you gone to Advanced and changed the Comminity settings to public and the SNMP Version to 2?

What MIB browser are you using? If it is something like IReasonings MIB Browser, have you gone to Advanced and changed the Comminity settings to public and the SNMP Version to 2?

Doug Spurrell

edited Nov 23 '17 at 3:36 pm

Hi Sorry for the late response. I am unable to find the SNMP version settings under the Advanced Properties. May I know which Property Name that I need to configure?

Another Question: Am I able to generate VTSCADA MIB for version 3? Where do I set the Username and Context Name?

Thank you.

Hi Sorry for the late response. I am unable to find the SNMP version settings under the Advanced Properties. May I know which Property Name that I need to configure? Another Question: Am I able to generate VTSCADA MIB for version 3? Where do I set the Username and Context Name? Thank you.
edited Feb 7 '18 at 9:21 am

VTScada only does SNMPv2.

I was referring to the settings in your MIB broswer, not settings in VTScada. What MIB browser are you using?

VTScada only does SNMPv2. I was referring to the settings in your MIB broswer, not settings in VTScada. What MIB browser are you using?

Doug Spurrell

I see then I cannot use VTSCADA as SNMP Agent for V3. Thanks for the help!

I see then I cannot use VTSCADA as SNMP Agent for V3. Thanks for the help!
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft