Support Forums
Retrive Historical Data From PLC

Hi,
I am quite new to this scada but i like it.
I have a customer that wants to use a ABB AC500 (modbus TCP) for waste water application. He wants to store the last 7 days of overflow water from the station and to read this data if it is missing in the historical data in VTScada.(if there has been a communication error)

My programing data is as follows.
At midnight all data moves one row down until the last day then it is gone forever.

adress:
40100 (Day 0 (today)(a counter that resets after midnight, i put this in the overview for the station)
40101 (Day 1,yesterday)
40102 (Day 2)
40103 (Day 3)
40104 (Day 4)
40105 (Day 5)
40106 (Day 6)
40106 (Day 7)

If communications is fine then VTS only has to read the first cell and stor it every 24h, but if there has been no communication with the station for example for 4 days VTS has to read the missing data and put it in the right place.

So he wants his report to have no missing days even if the communication is terrible.

Is this possible in VTScada? how do i set it up?
thanks,

sorry for my bad explanation, i hope you understand what i mean.

best regards
Andreas

Hi, I am quite new to this scada but i like it. I have a customer that wants to use a ABB AC500 (modbus TCP) for waste water application. He wants to store the last 7 days of overflow water from the station and to read this data if it is missing in the historical data in VTScada.(if there has been a communication error) My programing data is as follows. At midnight all data moves one row down until the last day then it is gone forever. adress: 40100 (Day 0 (today)(a counter that resets after midnight, i put this in the overview for the station) 40101 (Day 1,yesterday) 40102 (Day 2) 40103 (Day 3) 40104 (Day 4) 40105 (Day 5) 40106 (Day 6) 40106 (Day 7) If communications is fine then VTS only has to read the first cell and stor it every 24h, but if there has been no communication with the station for example for 4 days VTS has to read the missing data and put it in the right place. So he wants his report to have no missing days even if the communication is terrible. Is this possible in VTScada? how do i set it up? thanks, sorry for my bad explanation, i hope you understand what i mean. best regards Andreas

I don't think you'll be able to backfill the data in a perfectly correct way that will show in the HDV for all scenarios, but you could use something like a History Statistics tag with expressions to get reasonably accurate totalizer values for the past 7 days.

It's almost always to better to spend your time and customer's money on improving communication reliability than trying to program around it. You should easily expect 99.99% uptime by putting VTS right next to the device if communication issues cannot be resolved.

I don't think you'll be able to backfill the data in a perfectly correct way that will show in the HDV for all scenarios, but you could use something like a History Statistics tag with expressions to get reasonably accurate totalizer values for the past 7 days. It's almost always to better to spend your time and customer's money on improving communication reliability than trying to program around it. You should easily expect 99.99% uptime by putting VTS right next to the device if communication issues cannot be resolved.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft