General Discussions
Tag addressing

Allen Bradley tag creation, if I create a tag for Bool in program, how do I set up address for tag? video is different than what I am seeing.

This is in Softlogix PLC simulator.

Allen Bradley tag creation, if I create a tag for Bool in program, how do I set up address for tag? video is different than what I am seeing. This is in Softlogix PLC simulator.

If you are in later versions of VTScada (11.2.10+), then the CIP driver will read the tag addresses in from the PLC, similar to RSLinx. So, all you should have to do is use a digital status tag and, on the IO tab use the address assist box to pick the address. If you know the address, you can type it in directly. In either case, you no longer need the suffix for reading or writing.

The |BOOL will still be required on earlier versions and the video was probably from those earlier versions.

If you are in later versions of VTScada (11.2.10+), then the CIP driver will read the tag addresses in from the PLC, similar to RSLinx. So, all you should have to do is use a digital status tag and, on the IO tab use the address assist box to pick the address. If you know the address, you can type it in directly. In either case, you no longer need the suffix for reading or writing. The |BOOL will still be required on earlier versions and the video was probably from those earlier versions.

Doug Spurrell

the cip demo is able to see the controller, but I can not get it to pull the tags.

the cip demo is able to see the controller, but I can not get it to pull the tags.

Odd. What version of VTScada? If you draw the Stats widget for the CIP driver, is it indicating any errors?

Odd. What version of VTScada? If you draw the Stats widget for the CIP driver, is it indicating any errors?

Doug Spurrell

I have watched the video multiple times, I do not have the ability! to open the CIP/ENIP address select because the "Tags" button does not appear next to the Bit 0 address box. the left side is video and the box on right is what I have.

I have watched the video multiple times, I do not have the ability! to open the CIP/ENIP address select because the "Tags" button does not appear next to the Bit 0 address box. the left side is video and the box on right is what I have. [5ade3b9350f4f](serve/attachment&path=5ade3b9350f4f)

If the address assist button is not there, then VTScada is not actually getting a connection to the PLC. Can you send a changeset of your application to us please at support@trihedral.com?

If the address assist button is not there, then VTScada is not actually getting a connection to the PLC. Can you send a changeset of your application to us please at support@trihedral.com?

Doug Spurrell

For anybody monitoring, this turned out to be a port segment path configuration issue.

For anybody monitoring, this turned out to be a port segment path configuration issue.

Doug Spurrell

The port segment path is dependent on how the device is configured and is detailed in the documentation on how to figure it out.

See the Connection Tab section of this help file:
https://www.trihedral.com/help/Content/D_Tags/CIP-Driver-Tag.htm

On most of the standard set ups it should be the default [1,0], but on the newer PLCs it's [].

The port segment path is dependent on how the device is configured and is detailed in the documentation on how to figure it out. See the Connection Tab section of this help file: https://www.trihedral.com/help/Content/D_Tags/CIP-Driver-Tag.htm On most of the standard set ups it should be the default [1,0], but on the newer PLCs it's [].
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft