General Discussions
Alarm SP tag limit

With Analog Status you have High and Low alarm setpoints built in so you don't have additional setpoint tags go against your tag count. How do you then refrence these setpoints inside the digital status tag to a numeric entry so that users can changes these without having to go into tag browser?

Is this the design that for adjustable setpoints in HMI it requires tags (that go against the count) to be created.

With Analog Status you have High and Low alarm setpoints built in so you don't have additional setpoint tags go against your tag count. How do you then refrence these setpoints inside the digital status tag to a numeric entry so that users can changes these without having to go into tag browser? Is this the design that for adjustable setpoints in HMI it requires tags (that go against the count) to be created.

Of note --- We aren't putting the Low and High alarm SP anywhere except in VTScada we just want to be able to have a numeric entry box that can adjust these values without having to make a tag. We did try using counter tag which doesn't count against limit, but we found that it doesn't allow data entry when trying to access from mobile app.

Of note --- We aren't putting the Low and High alarm SP anywhere except in VTScada we just want to be able to have a numeric entry box that can adjust these values without having to make a tag. We did try using counter tag which doesn't count against limit, but we found that it doesn't allow data entry when trying to access from mobile app.

I don't think this example will help with you tag count but it does provide an example of the best way to store variables locally and reference them with an input box.

In the Local Storage Example linked below, the local variables are the high and low alarm setpoints and are stored as Properties. To see them open the application properties, switch from basic to advanced mode, and search for “site*”. You will see the two properties which I am using to store the alarm setpoints.

Local Storage Example App (Copy the address to your browser) - ftp://ftp.trihedral.com/Marketing/DavePub/Local Storage Example.snapshot

I don't think this example will help with you tag count but it does provide an example of the best way to store variables locally and reference them with an input box. In the Local Storage Example linked below, the local variables are the high and low alarm setpoints and are stored as Properties. To see them open the application properties, switch from basic to advanced mode, and search for “site*”. You will see the two properties which I am using to store the alarm setpoints. Local Storage Example App (Copy the address to your browser) - ftp://ftp.trihedral.com/Marketing/DavePub/Local Storage Example.snapshot

Trihedral Engineering Ltd.

Yes, but I understand that way which makes sense if you are using the High alarm SP / Low alarm SP to address an IO point in a connected device, but I want to directly access the High/Low SP, Deadband, Delay values in the Analog status tag without having to go through an additional tag since there is no other configuration with those numbers. (no IO point, scaling, or other parameters)

Is there no way to write to a tag parameter value without creating another tag and linking that value to the new tag?

Yes, but I understand that way which makes sense if you are using the High alarm SP / Low alarm SP to address an IO point in a connected device, but I want to directly access the High/Low SP, Deadband, Delay values in the Analog status tag without having to go through an additional tag since there is no other configuration with those numbers. (no IO point, scaling, or other parameters) Is there no way to write to a tag parameter value without creating another tag and linking that value to the new tag?

5af20542d6fb5

what is the function of this in the Data Souce of the SP tags?

![5af20542d6fb5](serve/attachment&path=5af20542d6fb5) what is the function of this in the Data Souce of the SP tags?

You'll want to give the property a value: See below for an example of where you can define a value:
5b0c4ad90cf72

You'll want to give the property a value: See below for an example of where you can define a value: ![5b0c4ad90cf72](serve/attachment&path=5b0c4ad90cf72)

Trihedral Engineering Ltd.

live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft