Support Forums
friendlytagnamelookup incomplete

Hi,

My VTScada application uses a 3rd-Party database (MySQL). I'm trying to retrieve a tablename using this query:

SELECT tablename FROM friendlyTagNameLookup WHERE friendlyName = 'MyTag';

Unfortunately, this query returns null. Upon looking directly in the database, I can see that the table 'friendlytagnamelookup' is incomplete. Some tags are present and others are missing. I tried adding manual data to some tags (inside VTScada) and see if they would be added to 'friendlytagnamelookup', to no avail.

I'd like to know what trigger the insertion of tags in that table so I could make sure it is up to date before I try to query it.

Hi, My VTScada application uses a 3rd-Party database (MySQL). I'm trying to retrieve a tablename using this query: ```` SELECT tablename FROM friendlyTagNameLookup WHERE friendlyName = 'MyTag'; ```` Unfortunately, this query returns null. Upon looking directly in the database, I can see that the table 'friendlytagnamelookup' is incomplete. Some tags are present and others are missing. I tried adding manual data to some tags (inside VTScada) and see if they would be added to 'friendlytagnamelookup', to no avail. I'd like to know what trigger the insertion of tags in that table so I could make sure it is up to date before I try to query it.

Two weeks later and I haven't found an answer to my question. Could someone explains to me how VTScada update it's database? Specifically the friendlyTagNameLookup table?

Two weeks later and I haven't found an answer to my question. Could someone explains to me how VTScada update it's database? Specifically the friendlyTagNameLookup table?

The friendlytagnamelookup lookup is updated automatically when new tags a re added. If a tag is not visible, does it have a logger tag attached? Status tags log by default but others may require a logger tag be attached.

If this appears not to be the case, can you email me a changeset of you app please and the name of a tag that appears to be missing. Email to sup[port@trihedral.com

The friendlytagnamelookup lookup is updated automatically when new tags a re added. If a tag is not visible, does it have a logger tag attached? Status tags log by default but others may require a logger tag be attached. If this appears not to be the case, can you email me a changeset of you app please and the name of a tag that appears to be missing. Email to sup[port@trihedral.com

Doug Spurrell

My problem was because I forgot to attach loggers to some of my tags. Thank you very much for the heads up!

My problem was because I forgot to attach loggers to some of my tags. Thank you very much for the heads up!

After further tests, I seem to face the same problem. I created a custom tag containing only analog status, string I/O and context tags. As I understand, both analog status and string I/O tags have logging built-in. I will send you a changeset and further details.

Thank you for your support.

After further tests, I seem to face the same problem. I created a custom tag containing only analog status, string I/O and context tags. As I understand, both analog status and string I/O tags have logging built-in. I will send you a changeset and further details. Thank you for your support.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft