Support Forums
Connect VTScada with AB Micrologix PLC with serial connection

Hello guys,

I try to connect VTScada with my AB Micrologix 1000 PLC. It still uses serial port RS232 (I connect with USB converter-COM3).

I have tried Allen Bardley DF1 Driver. But it doesn't work. My PLC type is not available at PLC type list. But I hope they still can be connected.

Could you guys help me please.
Thanks,5b117b83b9dab

Hello guys, I try to connect VTScada with my AB Micrologix 1000 PLC. It still uses serial port RS232 (I connect with USB converter-COM3). I have tried Allen Bardley DF1 Driver. But it doesn't work. My PLC type is not available at PLC type list. But I hope they still can be connected. Could you guys help me please. Thanks,![5b117b83b9dab](serve/attachment&path=5b117b83b9dab)

It is not the PLC Type youi have selected. Those are the new MicroLogix series using ENIP.

If it works at all, try using the SLC-500 type. That will be the DF1 protocol that will work over serial.

It is not the PLC Type youi have selected. Those are the new MicroLogix series using ENIP. If it works at all, try using the SLC-500 type. That will be the DF1 protocol that will work over serial.

Doug Spurrell

Thanks for the information Doug,

I've tried using ENIP and SLC-500 but still cannot work.
By the way the my AB Micrologix 1000 was brought at 2009 (9 years ago).
Is it already using ENIP?

Could you help me please.
Thanks a lot,

Thanks for the information Doug, I've tried using ENIP and SLC-500 but still cannot work. By the way the my AB Micrologix 1000 was brought at 2009 (9 years ago). Is it already using ENIP? Could you help me please. Thanks a lot,

It was a long shot at best. The new Micrologix series can use ENIP. That old one would not. I am not even sure what protocol it does use. I thought it might be DF1 so the SLC5 setting should have worked.

Do you have any specs on the device?

It was a long shot at best. The new Micrologix series can use ENIP. That old one would not. I am not even sure what protocol it does use. I thought it might be DF1 so the SLC5 setting should have worked. Do you have any specs on the device?

Doug Spurrell

live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft