Support Forums
Multiple devices in one single app

If I need to have multiple devices in one single app, would each Comm port be a separate device? I am asking about "Realms."

If I need to have multiple devices in one single app, would each Comm port be a separate device? I am asking about "Realms."

Multiple devices can share the same comport, which may be done for practical reasons like being a serial port connected to a single radio. VTScada can even share multiple protocols over the same comport (i.e. Modbus & Allen Bradley) saving the complexity of multi-port cards (though the protocols must be master slave and not confuse the remote devices).

With regards to Realms, they are more suited for isolation of tags and displays from user view and configuration where one application can be configured to be multi-tenant (like an apartment building) where users share infrastructure but maintain privacy.

Multiple devices can share the same comport, which may be done for practical reasons like being a serial port connected to a single radio. VTScada can even share multiple protocols over the same comport (i.e. Modbus & Allen Bradley) saving the complexity of multi-port cards (though the protocols must be master slave and not confuse the remote devices). With regards to Realms, they are more suited for isolation of tags and displays from user view and configuration where one application can be configured to be multi-tenant (like an apartment building) where users share infrastructure but maintain privacy.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft