Support Forums
Access Anywhere stuck establishing connection

We are trying to establish a connection from our clients on a local network to the primary application server. Firewalls have been disabled and I am using a LAN network for testing. Upon trying to use the access anywhere URL for our application the browser shows a window that states "establishing connection" and will not progress past this point. Any suggestions on what may be causing this is greatly appreciated! I am able to ping the servers by name in both directions and can see traffic on the specified ports.

Thanks,

We are trying to establish a connection from our clients on a local network to the primary application server. Firewalls have been disabled and I am using a LAN network for testing. Upon trying to use the access anywhere URL for our application the browser shows a window that states "establishing connection" and will not progress past this point. Any suggestions on what may be causing this is greatly appreciated! I am able to ping the servers by name in both directions and can see traffic on the specified ports. Thanks,

Is the URL in the Internet Client server list? If I was trying to reach www.trihedral.com/MyApp, then www.trihedral.com needs to be in the VIC Server list.

If you are trying to reach an external URL from within your network, it may not be accessible. For example, if I an on a computer that is on the trihedral.com network, then I cannot use a internet client to reach www.trihedral.com. A lot of netowrk setups do not allow for this.

So, can I see the URL you are trying to access and you VIC server list please?

Is the URL in the Internet Client server list? If I was trying to reach www.trihedral.com/MyApp, then www.trihedral.com needs to be in the VIC Server list. If you are trying to reach an external URL from within your network, it may not be accessible. For example, if I an on a computer that is on the trihedral.com network, then I cannot use a internet client to reach www.trihedral.com. A lot of netowrk setups do not allow for this. So, can I see the URL you are trying to access and you VIC server list please?

Doug Spurrell

live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft