Support Forums
Redundant server drives Polling crazy

Polling the three modbus radios all is fine until the second server is started (it's new) What did I miss here?

Polling the three modbus radios all is fine until the second server is started (it's new) What did I miss here?

Century Control Systems, Inc. www.centurycontrolsystems-inc.com

I responded to your direct email as well. To start -

Do you have both computers in the server list? If not, delete the app on the backup. add the backup to the server list on the primary. On the backup, do an Add New...Get from Workstation and pull the app over the primary.

Only one should be polling at a time. If that didn't work, draw the show stats button for one of the device drivers. Click on it on both servers. One of them should indicate an error - that it is only available on the polling server. If it does not and both servers are in the list, then the computers are not talking. Check your firewalls. I would start by turning them completely off to eliminate that possibility.

I responded to your direct email as well. To start - Do you have both computers in the server list? If not, delete the app on the backup. add the backup to the server list on the primary. On the backup, do an Add New...Get from Workstation and pull the app over the primary. Only one should be polling at a time. If that didn't work, draw the show stats button for one of the device drivers. Click on it on both servers. One of them should indicate an error - that it is only available on the polling server. If it does not and both servers are in the list, then the computers are not talking. Check your firewalls. I would start by turning them completely off to eliminate that possibility.

Doug Spurrell

live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft