Support Forums
CSV Import to Historian

Is CSV Import to Historian supported on VTScadaLight?

I am trying to import historic data from CSV files into some tag history. I followed all the instructions on the process, but when I restart the application, it does not load the CSV files after loading and starting the tags.

I have the CSVHistory directory in my application's Data directory, I added the TagMapping.CSV file and the one data csv file into the CSVHistory directory, and have an application with an Analog Status tag with Historian enabled. It doesn't even seem to try to find/load the csv data file.

Maybe it's not supported on Light version?

Thanks

Is CSV Import to Historian supported on VTScadaLight? I am trying to import historic data from CSV files into some tag history. I followed all the instructions on the process, but when I restart the application, it does not load the CSV files after loading and starting the tags. I have the CSVHistory directory in my application's Data directory, I added the TagMapping.CSV file and the one data csv file into the CSVHistory directory, and have an application with an Analog Status tag with Historian enabled. It doesn't even seem to try to find/load the csv data file. Maybe it's not supported on Light version? Thanks

What version of VTScadaLight are you using? This is a pretty new feature and, while I haven't tested it on VTScadaLight, I would have expected it to work.

What version of VTScadaLight are you using? This is a pretty new feature and, while I haven't tested it on VTScadaLight, I would have expected it to work.

Trihedral Engineering Ltd.

Version 11.3.13, 64-bit. Also I don't find the CSVHistoryImporter module in the module tree in the VTScada Source Debugger application, so this also makes me think it isn't supported in Light version.

Version 11.3.13, 64-bit. Also I don't find the CSVHistoryImporter module in the module tree in the VTScada Source Debugger application, so this also makes me think it isn't supported in Light version.

I couldn't find any reason this shouldn't work so I did some testing today and it appears that you are correct, the Tag History Import feature isn't working in VTScadaLight 11.3.13. The good news is that it is working in the latest build, 11.3.20 which you can download here: VTScadaLight 11.3.20 Download

To upgrade the software, just install the new version over the old. You won't lose any of your apps. They will automatically be updated to the new version.

I hope this helps.

I couldn't find any reason this shouldn't work so I did some testing today and it appears that you are correct, the Tag History Import feature isn't working in VTScadaLight 11.3.13. The good news is that it is working in the latest build, 11.3.20 which you can download here: [VTScadaLight 11.3.20 Download](https://www.trihedral.com/downloads/vtscada-latest-general/VTScada-latest-general.zip) To upgrade the software, just install the new version over the old. You won't lose any of your apps. They will automatically be updated to the new version. I hope this helps.

Looking into this a bit further, the tag history import feature was introduced in VTScada version 11.3.14 and that would explain things...

Looking into this a bit further, the tag history import feature was introduced in VTScada version 11.3.14 and that would explain things...

That did it, Dave! Thanks for digging into this and pointing me to the updated release.

That did it, Dave! Thanks for digging into this and pointing me to the updated release.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft