Support Forums
Does VTScada run on Windows IOT

I checked the system requirements, https://www.trihedral.com/scada-system-requirements, but want to be sure before I pull the trigger.

Will a server run on:

Microsoft® Windows® 10 IoT Enterprise LTSB

Thanks,

JM

I checked the system requirements, https://www.trihedral.com/scada-system-requirements, but want to be sure before I pull the trigger. Will a server run on: Microsoft® Windows® 10 IoT Enterprise LTSB Thanks, JM

JMK Engineering Inc -jmkengineering.com

Jeff

Yes, you can run VTScada on IoT Enterprise (Often installed on inexpensive 'puck' or fanless PC's and the OS is supplied by the OEM). You can not run VTScada on IoT core (Often used on Raspberry Pi or similar microprocessors).

I wouldn't run a powerplant on one of these PC's, however, a hydro or sub-station would likely be fine.

Jeff Yes, you can run VTScada on IoT Enterprise (Often installed on inexpensive 'puck' or fanless PC's and the OS is supplied by the OEM). You can not run VTScada on IoT core (Often used on Raspberry Pi or similar microprocessors). I wouldn't run a powerplant on one of these PC's, however, a hydro or sub-station would likely be fine.

Trihedral Engineering Ltd.

edited May 1 '19 at 7:57 pm

I was thinking that it looks like a big discount to go with IoT Enterprise but it makes sense to me given the alternative is Windows Server. IoT Enterprise should work fine for you as it's essentially Windows 10 Home at a discounted priced for OEM's. I'm not sure the criteria for OEM's to fall into their IoT pricing model but it appears to have some limit on the processor speed and the amount of ram they allow for use with Windows IoT Enterprise.

I was thinking that it looks like a big discount to go with IoT Enterprise but it makes sense to me given the alternative is Windows Server. IoT Enterprise should work fine for you as it's essentially Windows 10 Home at a discounted priced for OEM's. I'm not sure the criteria for OEM's to fall into their IoT pricing model but it appears to have some limit on the processor speed and the amount of ram they allow for use with Windows IoT Enterprise.

Trihedral Engineering Ltd.

live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft