Support Forums
VTSCADA light and free remote access

Dear all,

I have installed VTSCADA light in a data logger (windows operating system) and link the logger to controller (modbus device) thru rs232.

Is there any solution to access from remote laptop?

Is ODBC or XLreporter provide this solution? is it free or at least demo for testing?

regards

Hussian

Dear all, I have installed VTSCADA light in a data logger (windows operating system) and link the logger to controller (modbus device) thru rs232. Is there any solution to access from remote laptop? Is ODBC or XLreporter provide this solution? is it free or at least demo for testing? regards Hussian

Hey Hussain,

VTScadaLIGHT does include one free thin client which, for the light version allows remote access through your LAN/WAN/VPN. To do this, you will need to set up the thin client as well as to secure your application and provide Internet Client Access Privilege to your users. Once you are familiar with how to do this, the whole setup only takes around five minutes.

As for ODBC access, well that requires you to have set up the thin client access (above). From there you can configure the ODBC server (included in VTScadaLIGHT). I have provided a link below which will give you a PDF with instructions to set up each.

https://www.trihedral.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/VTScada11-2-DevelopersGuide.pdf

You will also need to get the ODBC driver, you can download that from ftp://ftp.trihedral.com/VTS/ Simply download the zip directory for the version of VTScada you are using and when you unpack it, you will find an ODBC installer. This gets installed on the client computer for the ODBC connection. Note that can be the same computer as the VTScada server. If that is the case, the address would be 127.0.0.1.

I use Excel to connect to VTScada applications regularly.

Hopefully, this gets you going. Please follow up with us if you get stuck.

Hey Hussain, VTScadaLIGHT does include one free thin client which, for the light version allows remote access through your LAN/WAN/VPN. To do this, you will need to set up the thin client as well as to secure your application and provide Internet Client Access Privilege to your users. Once you are familiar with how to do this, the whole setup only takes around five minutes. As for ODBC access, well that requires you to have set up the thin client access (above). From there you can configure the ODBC server (included in VTScadaLIGHT). I have provided a link below which will give you a PDF with instructions to set up each. https://www.trihedral.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/VTScada11-2-DevelopersGuide.pdf You will also need to get the ODBC driver, you can download that from [ftp://ftp.trihedral.com/VTS/](ftp://ftp.trihedral.com/VTS/) Simply download the zip directory for the version of VTScada you are using and when you unpack it, you will find an ODBC installer. This gets installed on the client computer for the ODBC connection. Note that can be the same computer as the VTScada server. If that is the case, the address would be 127.0.0.1. I use Excel to connect to VTScada applications regularly. Hopefully, this gets you going. Please follow up with us if you get stuck.

Trihedral Engineering Ltd.

live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft