General Discussions
Shift Setup

5d00f09b8bd5f

I am trying to integrate in a counter and some automated resets. The plant is currently changing the times of shifts a lot and I would like to allow them to configure on the fly. Is there a way I can change the trigger tag using parameterization? If so I cannot find any information on the exact syntax or how to do so.

5d00f145bd695

![5d00f09b8bd5f](serve/attachment&path=5d00f09b8bd5f) I am trying to integrate in a counter and some automated resets. The plant is currently changing the times of shifts a lot and I would like to allow them to configure on the fly. Is there a way I can change the trigger tag using parameterization? If so I cannot find any information on the exact syntax or how to do so. ![5d00f145bd695](serve/attachment&path=5d00f145bd695)

Are these eventually going to be triggering roster tags?

Are these eventually going to be triggering roster tags?

Doug Spurrell

You're not going to be able to use an expression to modify a schedule. You could use something in the expression box to activate it based on your analog control tags.

Time(now(10),"h") == [Hour1]  && Time(now(10),"m") == [Minute1]

Where Hour1 and Minute1 represent the control tags. This would make the expression expression be true when the hour and minute matched and activate the trigger tag. Do not use the schedule check boxes. You would have to figure out a similar expression for the off time or use a fixed off condition. Or maybe trigger the off when the next trigger tag becomes true? This wouldn't really be a parameter expression either.

You're not going to be able to use an expression to modify a schedule. You could use something in the expression box to activate it based on your analog control tags. ```` Time(now(10),"h") == [Hour1] && Time(now(10),"m") == [Minute1] ```` Where Hour1 and Minute1 represent the control tags. This would make the expression expression be true when the hour and minute matched and activate the trigger tag. Do not use the schedule check boxes. You would have to figure out a similar expression for the off time or use a fixed off condition. Or maybe trigger the off when the next trigger tag becomes true? This wouldn't really be a parameter expression either.

Doug Spurrell

edited Jun 12 '19 at 3:48 pm

Okay, I didn't know if it was possible so I wanted to ask. Thank You, with this I should be able to figure this out for them.

Okay, I didn't know if it was possible so I wanted to ask. Thank You, with this I should be able to figure this out for them.

The trigger tag and schedule can be expression-ized, but it is not trivial to do so. The days are just a bit mask and the field you are toggling is a date type.

I would not toggle the start/end time and instead use a separate trigger tags for each possible shift, then expressio-nize the days you need each on schedule with a bitmask (possibly triggered by yet more trigger tags or something like that).

The trigger tag and schedule can be expression-ized, but it is not trivial to do so. The days are just a bit mask and the field you are toggling is a date type. I would not toggle the start/end time and instead use a separate trigger tags for each possible shift, then expressio-nize the days you need each on schedule with a bitmask (possibly triggered by yet more trigger tags or something like that).
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft