General Discussions
Calculate Flow Rate Based on Rate of Change of Wet Well Level(Volume) Over Time

I am trying to calculate flow rate as a function of change of wet well level over time. I have tried using various tags types, adaptations of Ex 3-17 from the Adv Config Workbook, Intgr and Deriv functions; and everything comes up with some kind of errant data: Intgr gave max scale value, Deriv gave 0. Using the following provided the most realistic results:

"[PUMP_RUN] == 1 ? Latch(AbsTime(1, 60, 0), Watch(0, [Wet Well Level]) ? PickValid(ABS([Wet Well Level]) 7.48 [CROSS_SECT], 0) :0 :0"

So for a sewage lift station, the thought was while the pump is running, every 60 sec check the change of the wet well, then take the absolute value of the change and multiply it by 7.48 gal/cuft and by the cross-sectional area to find the gpm. Towards the end of the pump cycle, this was accurate, but at the beginning, this caused 2x greater than the expected value.

Any ideas?

I am trying to calculate flow rate as a function of change of wet well level over time. I have tried using various tags types, adaptations of Ex 3-17 from the Adv Config Workbook, Intgr and Deriv functions; and everything comes up with some kind of errant data: Intgr gave max scale value, Deriv gave 0. Using the following provided the most realistic results: "[PUMP_RUN] == 1 ? Latch(AbsTime(1, 60, 0), Watch(0, [Wet Well Level]) ? PickValid(ABS([Wet Well Level]) * 7.48 * [CROSS_SECT], 0) :0 :0" So for a sewage lift station, the thought was while the pump is running, every 60 sec check the change of the wet well, then take the absolute value of the change and multiply it by 7.48 gal/cuft and by the cross-sectional area to find the gpm. Towards the end of the pump cycle, this was accurate, but at the beginning, this caused 2x greater than the expected value. Any ideas?

I think you will be able to really simplify your effort if you check out the rate of change tag and use that value in a calculation tag to create your flow estimate.

I think you will be able to really simplify your effort if you check out the rate of change tag and use that value in a calculation tag to create your flow estimate.

Trihedral Engineering Ltd.

I had tried that originally, but couldn't get the math to work out. Now the math works out... Thanks.

I had tried that originally, but couldn't get the math to work out. Now the math works out... Thanks.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft