Support Forums
First application, a few questions

Hello, thank you in advance for any support.

I am developing my first application, a demo system for a small municipality. The first page I am working on is for a little pump station with two pumps and a reservoir with level sensor.

Things are progressing reasonably well but I am having a few problems:

1. I'd like some text below my pump icon to say either "hand" or "auto" depending on the state of the "PumpInAuto" tag. The text change (2 state) widget seemed designed for this but I cannot link it to the tag. I can link an indicator to that tag. It is confusing.

2. I would like to build up a tabbed menu system, with static tabs on a left menu bar. I can do this with page buttons but to do this properly the page buttons should change shape or colour to indicate active selection. These widget do not seem to offer any such control. Imagine this is a common interface design so how is supposed to be done in VTScada?

Hello, thank you in advance for any support. I am developing my first application, a demo system for a small municipality. The first page I am working on is for a little pump station with two pumps and a reservoir with level sensor. Things are progressing reasonably well but I am having a few problems: 1. I'd like some text below my pump icon to say either "hand" or "auto" depending on the state of the "PumpInAuto" tag. The text change (2 state) widget seemed designed for this but I cannot link it to the tag. I can link an indicator to that tag. It is confusing. 2. I would like to build up a tabbed menu system, with static tabs on a left menu bar. I can do this with page buttons but to do this properly the page buttons should change shape or colour to indicate active selection. These widget do not seem to offer any such control. Imagine this is a common interface design so how is supposed to be done in VTScada?

Text Change (4 State) is the correct widget for that.

I'm thinking Frame Tabs or write a widget. You can script the colors to show the active page.

Text Change (4 State) is the correct widget for that. I'm thinking Frame Tabs or write a widget. You can script the colors to show the active page.

Century Control Systems, Inc. www.centurycontrolsystems-inc.com

It seems really weird that a two state text change widget is not the right choice for reporting on a tag that only has two states.

I was able to assign the four state widget to my tag, so thank you.

I'll see if I can figure out how to use frames for my menu system, thanks for that tip also.

It seems really weird that a two state text change widget is not the right choice for reporting on a tag that only has two states. I was able to assign the four state widget to my tag, so thank you. I'll see if I can figure out how to use frames for my menu system, thanks for that tip also.

Actually, the Pump Status tag [and the Digital Status] has two bits, the first one is for the run signal and the second is for a general fault. Combined these will have 4 states.

Actually, the Pump Status tag [and the Digital Status] has two bits, the first one is for the run signal and the second is for a general fault. Combined these will have 4 states.

Century Control Systems, Inc. www.centurycontrolsystems-inc.com

live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft