Support Forums
Windows 10 installation trouble

I'm trying to install VtSCADAlight on Windows 10 Pro version 1809 and having a great deal of trouble.

I've installed it on two Windows 7 workstations easily but the Windows 10 station somehow becomes disabled during the process and I have to recover using System Restore.

Another thread in this forum suggests than an overly aggressive antivirus program may be at fault. I think I've disabled most safeguards though.

Has anyone else had a similar experience, or has a solution?

RJT

I'm trying to install VtSCADAlight on Windows 10 Pro version 1809 and having a great deal of trouble. I've installed it on two Windows 7 workstations easily but the Windows 10 station somehow becomes disabled during the process and I have to recover using System Restore. Another thread in this forum suggests than an overly aggressive antivirus program may be at fault. I think I've disabled most safeguards though. Has anyone else had a similar experience, or has a solution? RJT

Which process is locking up?

I'd normally suggest trying safe mode w/ networking but I suspect you have a wonky device driver somewhere. If the official video driver installed?

Which process is locking up? I'd normally suggest trying safe mode w/ networking but I suspect you have a wonky device driver somewhere. If the official video driver installed?

Century Control Systems, Inc. www.centurycontrolsystems-inc.com

It doesn't play nice with Enterprise anti-virus, you will most likely need to at least whitelist your installation folder. I've never had a problem with Windows Defender for installation (running is another matter).

Ensure you are running the installation as an administrator.

It doesn't play nice with Enterprise anti-virus, you will most likely need to at least whitelist your installation folder. I've never had a problem with Windows Defender for installation (running is another matter). Ensure you are running the installation as an administrator.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft