General Discussions
Tag browsing

Are there any plans to allow tags names to be modified from the tag window instead of forcing us to browse for them?

58d4241f6a700.jpg

Are there any plans to allow tags names to be modified from the tag window instead of forcing us to browse for them? ![58d4241f6a700.jpg](serve/attachment&path=58d4241f6a700.jpg)

There are no plans at the moment although the tag browser is always being improved. We will make sure this gets added to the feature requests.

In the meantime, you know that you can use the Search/Replace button on the Panel of the Idea Studio to find tags on a page and even do bulk replacements. Quite handy if you copy a page and want to switch all the tags on the page to something new.

There are no plans at the moment although the tag browser is always being improved. We will make sure this gets added to the feature requests. In the meantime, you know that you can use the Search/Replace button on the Panel of the Idea Studio to find tags on a page and even do bulk replacements. Quite handy if you copy a page and want to switch all the tags on the page to something new.

Doug Spurrell

edited Mar 24 '17 at 11:37 am

Search/Replace feature is nice for page wide changes as you mentioned. However, trying to "re-tag" one graphic can be very cumbersome especially if you have your tags in a nested structure.

Search/Replace feature is nice for page wide changes as you mentioned. However, trying to "re-tag" one graphic can be very cumbersome especially if you have your tags in a nested structure.

Chris,

I'd suggest you use the search tool in the tag browser. that allows you to type a tag name or filter by different parameters. This can be a quick way to select tags in nested tag structures.
58eb78dc7cd61.png

Chris, I'd suggest you use the search tool in the tag browser. that allows you to type a tag name or filter by different parameters. This can be a quick way to select tags in nested tag structures. ![58eb78dc7cd61.png](serve/attachment&path=58eb78dc7cd61.png)

Trihedral Engineering Ltd.

Dave - thanks for the tip but I'm aware of the search feature and use it often. I think my inquiry is being misinterpreted. My point is that if I already know the tag name why do I even need to go to the tag browser? I should be able to modify the tag name from the tag window (see pic in my original post). Every other HMI software package I've used gives me this option. If for some reason I type in a tag name that doesn't exist then it should prompt me to create a new tag. Hope this clears up my original post.

Dave - thanks for the tip but I'm aware of the search feature and use it often. I think my inquiry is being misinterpreted. My point is that if I already know the tag name why do I even need to go to the tag browser? I should be able to modify the tag name from the tag window (see pic in my original post). Every other HMI software package I've used gives me this option. If for some reason I type in a tag name that doesn't exist then it should prompt me to create a new tag. Hope this clears up my original post.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft