General Discussions
copying application to same machine

Can someone explain how to make a copy an existing application. I want to try different settings but don't want to screw up my current application.

When adding an application using the advanced option, I would think that I would want to clone from Changeset but then it warns to not re-install a changeset if the application still exists on this or another server.

Can someone explain how to make a copy an existing application. I want to try different settings but don't want to screw up my current application. When adding an application using the advanced option, I would think that I would want to clone from Changeset but then it warns to not re-install a changeset if the application still exists on this or another server.
  1. Go to the application settings and create a changeset of the application.
  2. Create a new application and select the advanced options.
  3. Select clone from changeset (This will duplicate the app but create it with a different GUID # making it unique).
  4. Pick the changeset you just made.
  5. Enjoy!

If this isn't working for you, please let us know what version of VTScada you are using and try to describe each step you are doing in detail so we can figure it out. smile

1. Go to the application settings and create a changeset of the application. 2. Create a new application and select the advanced options. 3. Select clone from changeset (This will duplicate the app but create it with a different GUID # making it unique). 4. Pick the changeset you just made. 5. Enjoy! If this isn't working for you, please let us know what version of VTScada you are using and try to describe each step you are doing in detail so we can figure it out. :)

Trihedral Engineering Ltd.

edited Nov 27 '19 at 3:17 pm
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft