Support Forums
Clear trend plot history

Hi community, is there a way to clear the logged trend plot line data. I want to keep storage on the host pc to a minimum and do not want this file to get too large. Keeping data for a long time is not a priority so I would like to delete the logged data periodically. Thank you.

Hi community, is there a way to clear the logged trend plot line data. I want to keep storage on the host pc to a minimum and do not want this file to get too large. Keeping data for a long time is not a priority so I would like to delete the logged data periodically. Thank you.

Unless you are talking about 10 000+ tags stored for 10+ years it's unlikely you will exceed the size of a $50 hard drive.

But if you really want to you can limit the storage in the configuration on the Historian tag.

Unless you are talking about 10 000+ tags stored for 10+ years it's unlikely you will exceed the size of a $50 hard drive. But if you really want to you can limit the storage in the configuration on the Historian tag.

Thanks, the app I am creating will be portable and designed to be used on several different sites with similar equipment so I want to delete any logs that are not pertinent to the one I am currently connected to. Is there a file saved in a folder somewhere that can be simply deleted when I move to another site? Thank you

Thanks, the app I am creating will be portable and designed to be used on several different sites with similar equipment so I want to delete any logs that are not pertinent to the one I am currently connected to. Is there a file saved in a folder somewhere that can be simply deleted when I move to another site? Thank you

Yes, the default location is in the Data folder of the application but you can define the location and folder name in the Historian tag.

Yes, the default location is in the Data folder of the application but you can define the location and folder name in the Historian tag.

An alternative to the above strategy would be to create a tag type for the site. Each time you change sites you can disable or delete the previous site and make a new tag (with all of the pre-configured child tags) for the new site in just a couple clicks. This will give you a fresh set of tags each time you switch locations without having to do much if any work to get that site setup.

I hope that helps.

An alternative to the above strategy would be to create a tag type for the site. Each time you change sites you can disable or delete the previous site and make a new tag (with all of the pre-configured child tags) for the new site in just a couple clicks. This will give you a fresh set of tags each time you switch locations without having to do much if any work to get that site setup. I hope that helps.

Trihedral Engineering Ltd.

live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft