General Discussions
SMS notification

I want to send a SMS of generated faults/alarms from SCADA on mobile number through AT commands. I have connected westermo MRD-455 4G cellular router to scada workstation PC by serial to USB port.

How can i configure tags in scada for modem configuration and to notify SMS on my mobile number.

Can you please guide me through the steps to configure modem tags in scada.

I want to send a SMS of generated faults/alarms from SCADA on mobile number through AT commands. I have connected westermo MRD-455 4G cellular router to scada workstation PC by serial to USB port. How can i configure tags in scada for modem configuration and to notify SMS on my mobile number. Can you please guide me through the steps to configure modem tags in scada.

I believe your cellular router will provide you a gateway to the internet, is that correct? If so, this won't need a modem tag, you should set this up using Twilio or an email server and email to SMS (though I believe some carriers are removing this service). Note that if you don't want to acknowledge alarms, you don't need to set up the VTScada server to make this work with Twilio but it is required to use voice calls with Twilio. Please press F1 and check the help files for instruction on setting up Twilio.

Please follow up on this to let us know if this answered your question.

I believe your cellular router will provide you a gateway to the internet, is that correct? If so, this won't need a modem tag, you should set this up using Twilio or an email server and email to SMS (though I believe some carriers are removing this service). Note that if you don't want to acknowledge alarms, you don't need to set up the VTScada server to make this work with Twilio but it is required to use voice calls with Twilio. Please press F1 and check the help files for instruction on setting up Twilio. Please follow up on this to let us know if this answered your question.

Trihedral Engineering Ltd.

live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft