Support Forums
Disable comm driver

What is the best/easiest way to manually disable comms to a device that is missing? I have devices that are offline at times and I want to optimize comms by preventing the driver from trying to constantly attempt comms to a device that I know is offline. Is there a setting I can toggle? Thanks.

What is the best/easiest way to manually disable comms to a device that is missing? I have devices that are offline at times and I want to optimize comms by preventing the driver from trying to constantly attempt comms to a device that I know is offline. Is there a setting I can toggle? Thanks.

You can create an expression in the ports IP Address Field to set it to INVALID at certain conditions. This will turn a TCP/IP port into a listener port which will prevent it from trying to connect to a device.

Her is an example expression where the value of the IP Address field is invalid if 'myDiscreteTag' == 0 and 129.168.0.100 if 'myDiscreteTag' == 1.

[myDiscreteTag] ? "192.168.0.100" : INVALID

You can get a whole lot more clever about how you make all this work but the method above might be the simplest way to achieve what you're looking for.

You can create an expression in the ports IP Address Field to set it to INVALID at certain conditions. This will turn a TCP/IP port into a listener port which will prevent it from trying to connect to a device. Her is an example expression where the value of the IP Address field is invalid if 'myDiscreteTag' == 0 and 129.168.0.100 if 'myDiscreteTag' == 1. [myDiscreteTag] ? "192.168.0.100" : INVALID You can get a whole lot more clever about how you make all this work but the method above might be the simplest way to achieve what you're looking for.

Trihedral Engineering Ltd.

live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft