Support Forums
Logging analog satus on deadband and on time

How do you log an analog status with a logging dead band and also have it log every hour when the value don't change?

How do you log an analog status with a logging dead band and also have it log every hour when the value don't change?

Can you explain your need for this in a bit more detail? I believe the easiest way to do this would be to use two tags though I'm not sure I fully understand the scenario where you would need to do this.

Can you explain your need for this in a bit more detail? I believe the easiest way to do this would be to use two tags though I'm not sure I fully understand the scenario where you would need to do this.

Trihedral Engineering Ltd.

Thank you for a quick reply. I poll the daily value for yesterdays gas usage it only changes once a day at 8 am, I use that value to make a report to a third party at 9:30 am. When the usage from the previous day doesn't change then the value in the report fields are blank, I just need it to log that its a valid number in the database but doesn't need to store every poll from the tag. I had that functionality in my old SCADAvantage system but I can't seem to find any information in the help files to do this. I also have the oil and gas pack installed if that helps

Thank you for a quick reply. I poll the daily value for yesterdays gas usage it only changes once a day at 8 am, I use that value to make a report to a third party at 9:30 am. When the usage from the previous day doesn't change then the value in the report fields are blank, I just need it to log that its a valid number in the database but doesn't need to store every poll from the tag. I had that functionality in my old SCADAvantage system but I can't seem to find any information in the help files to do this. I also have the oil and gas pack installed if that helps

You will probably have to use three tags to accomplish this.

Tag 1 is the one you have now.
Tag 2 will be a multi-write tag with a trigger being an expression that becomes true when you have a value you want to be historized.
Tag 3 will be a memory tag, an IO tag in Analog mode without an IO driver, which is written the value of Tag 1 by Tag 2.

Then configure a report to dump out the Tag 3 value.

Big unfortunate thing with this is that multi-writes write to the event log, so if you have a lot of these, it could get annoying and you may want to put them under their own Even DB tag.

You will probably have to use three tags to accomplish this. Tag 1 is the one you have now. Tag 2 will be a multi-write tag with a trigger being an expression that becomes true when you have a value you want to be historized. Tag 3 will be a memory tag, an IO tag in Analog mode without an IO driver, which is written the value of Tag 1 by Tag 2. Then configure a report to dump out the Tag 3 value. Big unfortunate thing with this is that multi-writes write to the event log, so if you have a lot of these, it could get annoying and you may want to put them under their own Even DB tag.

@BHames I can think of a few ways to help you solve this issue but while looking for the 'preferred solution' I've run into some extra questions. First, do you know if you are using the oil and gas layer for these reports? Secondly, how are you generating the reports? Are you using the built-in report tag and a trigger tag or...

@BHames I can think of a few ways to help you solve this issue but while looking for the 'preferred solution' I've run into some extra questions. First, do you know if you are using the oil and gas layer for these reports? Secondly, how are you generating the reports? Are you using the built-in report tag and a trigger tag or...

If you are just running a normal report tag then you might want to check that the report type is a Daily Snapshot Report instead of a Standard Report. Though depending on your configuration and how you are running your report, this may not help.

If you are just running a normal report tag then you might want to check that the report type is a Daily Snapshot Report instead of a Standard Report. Though depending on your configuration and how you are running your report, this may not help.

Thanks again for your response. I am using a PVR report tag that is using the Contract Hour Data value. I will look into if the Daily Snapshot will work for my application

Thanks again for your response. I am using a PVR report tag that is using the Contract Hour Data value. I will look into if the Daily Snapshot will work for my application
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft