scada.example.com
somethingelse.example.com

I want IIS to serve the content for
demo.example.com
somethingelse.example.com

and I want VT-SCADA to serve content for
scada.example.com

Is it possible?

Hello, Vt-Team. My question is as following. I have 3 subsites on one server. demo.example.com scada.example.com somethingelse.example.com I want IIS to serve the content for demo.example.com somethingelse.example.com and I want VT-SCADA to serve content for scada.example.com Is it possible?
edited Apr 20 '17 at 10:20 am

Certainly, as long as the sites are on different ports. When you set up the VTScada Internet Client, you must select the port for the realm and the servers. By default these are on port 80, which is also the default port for IIS. Move VTS to a different port and make sure that any port forwarding required goes to that port.

Certainly, as long as the sites are on different ports. When you set up the VTScada Internet Client, you must select the port for the realm and the servers. By default these are on port 80, which is also the default port for IIS. Move VTS to a different port and make sure that any port forwarding required goes to that port.

Doug Spurrell

Ok I see,
So for me to use the same ports 80 and 443. Would the solution be to

• create two virtual environments on the server to be able to use the same ports (where demo.example.com and something.example.com gets tunneled to specific IP of the virtual environment and the scada.example to the other IP
  • or is it possible to serve the VT-SCADA environment with the IIS?

I am asking that since some IT-managers are quite reluctant to open up some ports.

Ok I see, So for me to use the same ports 80 and 443. Would the solution be to - create two virtual environments on the server to be able to use the same ports (where demo.example.com and something.example.com gets tunneled to specific IP of the virtual environment and the scada.example to the other IP - or is it possible to serve the VT-SCADA environment with the IIS? I am asking that since some IT-managers are quite reluctant to open up some ports.

VTS has its own built-in web server. So, while you could run IIS and VTS on the same server, they must be configured for different ports. This is a better discussion for your IT people. They will have to determine the best way to have both web servers co-exist.

VTS has its own built-in web server. So, while you could run IIS and VTS on the same server, they must be configured for different ports. This is a better discussion for your IT people. They will have to determine the best way to have both web servers co-exist.

Doug Spurrell

You could configure IIS as a reverse proxy server to pass on the requests from the original IIS port 80\443 to another port that VTScada is configured to use.

An example here , this uses a different server with the app running on 8080, but that could easily be VTScada running on port 8080 on the same server as IIS.

You could configure IIS as a reverse proxy server to pass on the requests from the original IIS port 80\443 to another port that VTScada is configured to use. An example [here](https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/friis/2016/08/25/setup-iis-with-url-rewrite-as-a-reverse-proxy-for-real-world-apps/) , this uses a different server with the app running on 8080, but that could easily be VTScada running on port 8080 on the same server as IIS.

Software Developer with Trihedral

live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft