General Discussions
Koyo Driver DL330 Issue

Hi,

I am having an issue connecting to a Koyo DL330 PLC via serial. I have it setup with the correct station addresses and COM port parameters, and it appears to be reading my register R16 correctly. However, writing to the tag fails. Sniffing the serial packets, it appears that the driver is trying to pull data from 2 8-bit registers when I only want to pull from one and I believe this is why it fails.

I have tried all of the PLC type selections in the driver. What else should I try?

Thanks!

Hi, I am having an issue connecting to a Koyo DL330 PLC via serial. I have it setup with the correct station addresses and COM port parameters, and it appears to be reading my register R16 correctly. However, writing to the tag fails. Sniffing the serial packets, it appears that the driver is trying to pull data from 2 8-bit registers when I only want to pull from one and I believe this is why it fails. I have tried all of the PLC type selections in the driver. What else should I try? Thanks!

Which driver are you using for this? Often it is best to use the Modbus driver for Koyo (Or Direct Logic's rebranded Koyo) PLC's. In that case, I believe you can still use the Koyo addressing (X0...Xn, Y0...Yn etc.) and you can use addresses suffix if you are looking to change the value type. You can learn a bit more about that as well as the default addresses here: https://www.vtscada.com/help/Content/D_Tags/Dev_DataSuffixesForTagIO.htm

Which driver are you using for this? Often it is best to use the Modbus driver for Koyo (Or Direct Logic's rebranded Koyo) PLC's. In that case, I believe you can still use the Koyo addressing (X0...Xn, Y0...Yn etc.) and you can use addresses suffix if you are looking to change the value type. You can learn a bit more about that as well as the default addresses here: https://www.vtscada.com/help/Content/D_Tags/Dev_DataSuffixesForTagIO.htm

Trihedral Engineering Ltd.

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the quick response. I was using the Koyo DirectNET driver. The DL330 unfortunately doesn't support Modbus, otherwise I would have used that.

I did find a workaround using the Kepware DirectNET as an intermediate, and pulling the tag as an OPC point into VTScada. It would be nice to use the built-in drivers but the DL330 doesn't appear to be an option with the VTScada DirectNet driver.

Hi Dave, Thanks for the quick response. I was using the Koyo DirectNET driver. The DL330 unfortunately doesn't support Modbus, otherwise I would have used that. I did find a workaround using the Kepware DirectNET as an intermediate, and pulling the tag as an OPC point into VTScada. It would be nice to use the built-in drivers but the DL330 doesn't appear to be an option with the VTScada DirectNet driver.

You need /BCD2 or /ubyte or /sbyte attached to the end of the Address.

Those are the only three types to read a single byte.

The rest are single bit, words, or floats.

You need /BCD2 or /ubyte or /sbyte attached to the end of the Address. Those are the only three types to read a single byte. The rest are single bit, words, or floats.

Century Control Systems, Inc. www.centurycontrolsystems-inc.com

live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft