Support Forums
Module or Variable with the Same Name Already Exists

I created a tag and then deleted it, but wanted to remake the tag again later after making some changes in a template tag. When I tried to recreate the tag I got the following error message, "A module or variable with the same name already exists. Please enter another name for this tag".

I am guessing that this error can be corrected so I can make another tag with the same name by deleting the module or variable out of the .SRC files for the application.

Any guidance on this issue to fix this error?

I created a tag and then deleted it, but wanted to remake the tag again later after making some changes in a template tag. When I tried to recreate the tag I got the following error message, "A module or variable with the same name already exists. Please enter another name for this tag". I am guessing that this error can be corrected so I can make another tag with the same name by deleting the module or variable out of the .SRC files for the application. Any guidance on this issue to fix this error?

PROBLEM SOLVED.

Took me a minute, and there may be other ways to accomplish this.

I had a page that had the exact name of the tag that I was trying to recreate, so I cloned it and then deleted the original page and attempted to create the tag again and it worked.

PROBLEM SOLVED. Took me a minute, and there may be other ways to accomplish this. I had a page that had the exact name of the tag that I was trying to recreate, so I cloned it and then deleted the original page and attempted to create the tag again and it worked.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft