Support Forums
Virtual Servers and Call Out Modems [Solved]

When setting up a modem for call out alarming for VTScada on a virtual server, is there documentation available that can be used as a guide during set up?

Looking for something that I can give a customers IT manager. Trying to follow best practice, make sure the set up is done correctly, and all needed steps are followed.

[Solved] Ended up doing USB pass through to the Voice Modem, and works well.

When setting up a modem for call out alarming for VTScada on a virtual server, is there documentation available that can be used as a guide during set up? Looking for something that I can give a customers IT manager. Trying to follow best practice, make sure the set up is done correctly, and all needed steps are followed. [Solved] Ended up doing USB pass through to the Voice Modem, and works well.
edited Jul 27 '20 at 8:58 pm

Which Hypervisor are you using?

Hyper-V doesn't support USB passthrough last I checked, so you would need to find a solution for that.

ESXi in theory it would be passing through the USB to the required VMs and then it would (in theory) be the standard PITA trying to get the modem to work.

I would recommend Twilio though, higher reliability than a voice modem.

Which Hypervisor are you using? Hyper-V doesn't support USB passthrough last I checked, so you would need to find a solution for that. ESXi in theory it would be passing through the USB to the required VMs and then it would (in theory) be the standard PITA trying to get the modem to work. I would recommend Twilio though, higher reliability than a voice modem.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft