Support Forums
SAPI Error

When using a Zoom modem for alarm dial-out, I am getting a SAPI Error: 0x8004530A when attempting to call out. I have downloaded the correct driver from Zoom, checked the registry settings, set my area code and run the diagnostics on the modem (every was normal). Any thoughts?

Solved - We had the modem installed on a rack mount server running Server 2019 with no sound card.

When using a Zoom modem for alarm dial-out, I am getting a SAPI Error: 0x8004530A when attempting to call out. I have downloaded the correct driver from Zoom, checked the registry settings, set my area code and run the diagnostics on the modem (every was normal). Any thoughts? Solved - We had the modem installed on a rack mount server running Server 2019 with no sound card.
edited Apr 14 '21 at 6:45 pm

Thanks for updating this. We are glad you figured it out and have heard from a number of folks who learned this hard way.

Thanks for updating this. We are glad you figured it out and have heard from a number of folks who learned this hard way.

Trihedral Engineering Ltd.

live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft