Support Forums
VTScada displays differently between clients and server!

The VTScada Red Bell can be turned off on the server, but the VIC clients and Anywhere Clients are still showing it. How do you get the same behavior out of the clients that you do from the server?

I turned off "Show Alarm Indicators" in the application configuration / Title Bar Contents. And it is gone from the Server but not the clients.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

The VTScada Red Bell can be turned off on the server, but the VIC clients and Anywhere Clients are still showing it. How do you get the same behavior out of the clients that you do from the server? I turned off "Show Alarm Indicators" in the application configuration / Title Bar Contents. And it is gone from the Server but not the clients. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

@ADubberly I just tested this on my PC and I am seeing the expected result. I tested this on 12.0.33. One thing I would suggest is to try doing a refresh of the cache in the browser using Crtl+F5 in the browser while logged into the Anywhere client. Also, if you are not using the latest version of VTScada, I would suggest upgrading.

Below is an image of the result I got when testing this. You can see that the alarm icon is removed on both the server and the anywhere client. I also tested the VIC and had the same result:
6092eff5e40dd

@ADubberly I just tested this on my PC and I am seeing the expected result. I tested this on 12.0.33. One thing I would suggest is to try doing a refresh of the cache in the browser using Crtl+F5 in the browser while logged into the Anywhere client. Also, if you are not using the latest version of VTScada, I would suggest upgrading. Below is an image of the result I got when testing this. You can see that the alarm icon is removed on both the server and the anywhere client. I also tested the VIC and had the same result: ![6092eff5e40dd](serve/attachment&path=6092eff5e40dd)

Trihedral Engineering Ltd.

Okay, I just tried Ctrl+F5 while viewing from the internet client (Anywhere Client) but that didn't fix it. It did say it was doing something and reloading the site. But when it came back and I logged back in, it was the same.

Maybe there is a config setting I'm missing?

We just upgraded to 12.0.32 (days ago) and we also have a backup server. They are both VMs. I don't know if that makes a difference.

Thank you Dave for trying to help.

Okay, I just tried Ctrl+F5 while viewing from the internet client (Anywhere Client) but that didn't fix it. It did say it was doing something and reloading the site. But when it came back and I logged back in, it was the same. Maybe there is a config setting I'm missing? We just upgraded to 12.0.32 (days ago) and we also have a backup server. They are both VMs. I don't know if that makes a difference. Thank you Dave for trying to help.

So we got it! Thanks to Doug Spurrell (VTScada Support) for finding it and showing me where it was. Just in case anyone else may find this useful, I'll give you a quick run down.

I was trying to do this with the Application Configuration Tool, and turning the "Show Alarms Indicator" off there. Under the Display tab.

I should've turned it off in the Tag Browser/Realm Display Setup/#My Realm properties. There is a Page Style Tab and has all of the same settings as the Application Configuration does but it's not meant for the main App (Server) itself BUT the Clients that are assigned to the Realm(s).

Incidentally, I left it on for main App (Server) and turned it off for the clients only.

Still learning!!

Thanks again Mr. Doug Spurrell!!

So we got it! Thanks to Doug Spurrell (VTScada Support) for finding it and showing me where it was. Just in case anyone else may find this useful, I'll give you a quick run down. I was trying to do this with the Application Configuration Tool, and turning the "Show Alarms Indicator" off there. Under the Display tab. I should've turned it off in the Tag Browser/Realm Display Setup/#My Realm properties. There is a Page Style Tab and has all of the same settings as the Application Configuration does but it's not meant for the main App (Server) itself BUT the Clients that are assigned to the Realm(s). Incidentally, I left it on for main App (Server) and turned it off for the clients only. Still learning!! Thanks again Mr. Doug Spurrell!!

I'm glad Doug was able to figure this out for you. In my case, there was no Realm tag and my application settings appeared to be reflected in my thin client. I'm not sure if this was a coincidence or the default behaviour.

I'm glad Doug was able to figure this out for you. In my case, there was no Realm tag and my application settings appeared to be reflected in my thin client. I'm not sure if this was a coincidence or the default behaviour.

Trihedral Engineering Ltd.

live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft