General Discussions
BACnet with Inovonics IP Gateway

Good morning,
I am seeking additional resources, experience, or advice for integrating an Inovonics EN4080 IP gateway and associated equipment into VTLight.

Software:
VTLight
BQT BACnet quick test

Hardware:
EN4080 - vendor ID 1093
EN1235D

Network:
Locally connectivity between my laptop and the IP gateway.

Some examples of how the hardware should be structured in VT would be super helpful to confirm all of the drivers and subsequent equipment is connected correctly.

Thank you for any input that's available!

Good morning, I am seeking additional resources, experience, or advice for integrating an Inovonics EN4080 IP gateway and associated equipment into VTLight. Software: VTLight BQT BACnet quick test Hardware: EN4080 - vendor ID 1093 EN1235D Network: Locally connectivity between my laptop and the IP gateway. Some examples of how the hardware should be structured in VT would be super helpful to confirm all of the drivers and subsequent equipment is connected correctly. Thank you for any input that's available!

Our BACnet Driver currently has a few limitations, as it was originally intended to provide simple connectivity to directly connected IP devices and simple objects, such as Analog/Digital Inputs/Outputs/Values. For the release with version 12, we added support for all standard object types and properties that return primitive values, as well as routing to serial and IP networks.

Advanced features, such as network and device discovery, foreign devices and properties with complex values will be added in the future, but we still can't anticipate a date.

That said, assuming that the device is directly reachable, you just need to configure a UDP port with it's IP address and port (likely 47808 ) and add it to the driver's Port field. Network should be set to "Local Network - Same as VTScada", unless the device is behind a BACnet router (check the help files for how to set up a routed device).

According to the device's manual, connected sensors should map to common BACnet objects, such as Analog and Binary Inputs. Unfortunately, we still can't read the device's object list, but should be able to address them by clicking on the Address Assist button on the I/O tag's Read Address field and select the corresponding object type and instance number, per the device's mapping (Present_Value is the default property assumed).

Our BACnet Driver currently has a few limitations, as it was originally intended to provide simple connectivity to directly connected IP devices and simple objects, such as Analog/Digital Inputs/Outputs/Values. For the release with version 12, we added support for all standard object types and properties that return primitive values, as well as routing to serial and IP networks. Advanced features, such as network and device discovery, foreign devices and properties with complex values will be added in the future, but we still can't anticipate a date. That said, assuming that the device is directly reachable, you just need to configure a UDP port with it's IP address and port (likely 47808 ) and add it to the driver's Port field. Network should be set to "Local Network - Same as VTScada", unless the device is behind a BACnet router (check the help files for how to set up a routed device). According to the device's manual, connected sensors should map to common BACnet objects, such as Analog and Binary Inputs. Unfortunately, we still can't read the device's object list, but should be able to address them by clicking on the Address Assist button on the I/O tag's Read Address field and select the corresponding object type and instance number, per the device's mapping (Present_Value is the default property assumed).

Rod Tonietto Trihedral Engineering Ltd.

Hi Rod,
Thank you for the reply and letting me know the gateway won't be discovered at this time, that's helpful.

I successfully connected a duress button a few weeks ago to VTSCADA using the local network option and the IP Gateway.

For the button itself, I used the I/O and Calc tag with a digital data type, with read address to BitStringValue(DeviceID).Present_Value. I'm hoping the same can alarm for supervisory conditions.

I will also need to do some further research on the BACnet router that's compatible with Inovonics IP gateways.

Hi Rod, Thank you for the reply and letting me know the gateway won't be discovered at this time, that's helpful. I successfully connected a duress button a few weeks ago to VTSCADA using the local network option and the IP Gateway. For the button itself, I used the I/O and Calc tag with a digital data type, with read address to BitStringValue(DeviceID).Present_Value. I'm hoping the same can alarm for supervisory conditions. I will also need to do some further research on the BACnet router that's compatible with Inovonics IP gateways.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft