General Discussions
DNP3 Variation
  1. How can I enable all the DNP3 variations for Analog Input & Analog Output status without enabling a direct poll?

-Default is showing 'All variations'. How can I add more variations for analog input & analog output? I want to use a 32-bit variation in all tags. How can I make enable this?

60b5cb74b00be

1. Where Can I found the button for the DNP3 event poll & the Integrity poll? I want to show 2 buttons (Event Poll & Integrity poll) on the screen. Where can I found those buttons in Idea studio?
1. How can I enable all the DNP3 variations for Analog Input & Analog Output status without enabling a direct poll? -Default is showing 'All variations'. How can I add more variations for analog input & analog output? I want to use a 32-bit variation in all tags. How can I make enable this? ![60b5cb74b00be](serve/attachment&path=60b5cb74b00be) 2. Where Can I found the button for the DNP3 event poll & the Integrity poll? I want to show 2 buttons (Event Poll & Integrity poll) on the screen. Where can I found those buttons in Idea studio?
edited Jun 1 '21 at 6:56 am

This came from our engineering team:

When the RTU sends in the value for unsolicited, event polls, or integrity polls (any non direct poll), it will include the variation in the message. VTScada will decode it however the variation is defined in the incoming message, so they need to set it to use a 32-bit variation in their RTU.

This came from our engineering team: > When the RTU sends in the value for unsolicited, event polls, or integrity polls (any non direct poll), it will include the variation in the message. VTScada will decode it however the variation is defined in the incoming message, so they need to set it to use a 32-bit variation in their RTU.

Trihedral Engineering Ltd.

To clarify, if you are not using a direct poll and not writing a value then using the "All variations" option is correct, as you can't control how the value is returned by the Outstation, that's part of the Outstation configuration. The DNP3 driver will read any variation supplied by the Outstation and update the tag value accordingly.

If using a direct poll (if supported by the device), then the DNP3 driver does need to know the variation to use and depending on the device subset level support (L1 allows variation 0, L3+ adds support for 1-4) you should set the appropriate variation. Note that some devices may ignore the requested variation and return another, the tag value will be updated accordingly.

Your second question about adding buttons to force an Integrity or Event poll will require scripting, normally these polls run at the intervals configured in the driver tag. Please contact support for details on the scripting required.

To clarify, if you are not using a direct poll and not writing a value then using the "All variations" option is correct, as you can't control how the value is returned by the Outstation, that's part of the Outstation configuration. The DNP3 driver will read any variation supplied by the Outstation and update the tag value accordingly. If using a direct poll (if supported by the device), then the DNP3 driver does need to know the variation to use and depending on the device subset level support (L1 allows variation 0, L3+ adds support for 1-4) you should set the appropriate variation. Note that some devices may ignore the requested variation and return another, the tag value will be updated accordingly. Your second question about adding buttons to force an Integrity or Event poll will require scripting, normally these polls run at the intervals configured in the driver tag. Please contact support for details on the scripting required.

Software Developer with Trihedral

live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft