General Discussions
Set the Scheduler

I need to set the scheduling for the SOV's (solenoid operating valve) at a certain time interval.
attached an image for the scheduler?
60f6c484228e4

I tried to make this with the Trigger tag available in VTScada. I have set On-time & Off-time of the scheduler. Scheduler starting at its set time interval. But how can I enable my tag for SOV at the same time?

I want to when my time started My 1st SOC will be ON and OFF at time.
How can I do that?

I need to set the scheduling for the SOV's (solenoid operating valve) at a certain time interval. attached an image for the scheduler? ![60f6c484228e4](serve/attachment&path=60f6c484228e4) I tried to make this with the Trigger tag available in VTScada. I have set On-time & Off-time of the scheduler. Scheduler starting at its set time interval. But how can I enable my tag for SOV at the same time? I want to when my time started My 1st SOC will be ON and OFF at time. How can I do that?

The easiest way to do this is probably to use the multi-write tag where it is triggered by your trigger tag.

The easiest way to do this is probably to use the multi-write tag where it is triggered by your trigger tag.

Trihedral Engineering Ltd.

Yes Dave, I have tried with multi-write tag. It has turned ON my SOV (Digital Status) tag but when my trigger tag timer goes OFF, My SOV tag not goes OFF. It showing me value as 1 (ON) even my trigger tag is in OFF state.

How can I make SOV tag (Digital status) OFF when Trigger tag gets OFF?
I have used IO & Calculation tag having Digital Type.

My configuration is as follows:
Trigger tag:
6135f790e0ef9
6135f79006648

Multi-write tag:
6135f7ad4e0f2
6135f7ac7c468

Tag Value:
6135f87f43d0c

Yes Dave, I have tried with multi-write tag. It has turned ON my SOV (Digital Status) tag but when my trigger tag timer goes OFF, My SOV tag not goes OFF. It showing me value as 1 (ON) even my trigger tag is in OFF state. How can I make SOV tag (Digital status) OFF when Trigger tag gets OFF? I have used IO & Calculation tag having Digital Type. My configuration is as follows: Trigger tag: ![6135f790e0ef9](serve/attachment&path=6135f790e0ef9) ![6135f79006648](serve/attachment&path=6135f79006648) Multi-write tag: ![6135f7ad4e0f2](serve/attachment&path=6135f7ad4e0f2) ![6135f7ac7c468](serve/attachment&path=6135f7ac7c468) Tag Value: ![6135f87f43d0c](serve/attachment&path=6135f87f43d0c)
edited Sep 6 '21 at 12:16 pm

You might want to simply update your settings to have one trigger for your start time where your multi-write writes out the start values to the tags. Then you will have another trigger that kicks another multi-write tag to write the tag values for the end time.

In each of your trigger tags, you can disable the scheduling of the off condition and just set a Delay (this only need to be 1 second but five seconds is likely a safe value)

You can do this with one trigger tag but I expect you will need two multi-write tags to write start time and end time values to your tags.

You might want to simply update your settings to have one trigger for your start time where your multi-write writes out the start values to the tags. Then you will have another trigger that kicks another multi-write tag to write the tag values for the end time. In each of your trigger tags, you can disable the scheduling of the off condition and just set a Delay (this only need to be 1 second but five seconds is likely a safe value) You can do this with one trigger tag but I expect you will need two multi-write tags to write start time and end time values to your tags.

Thanks, Dave,

Yes, I have taken another trigger tag that triggered another multi-write tag to stop the schedular and it triggers the digital tag to OFF.

I wanna display the ON time of the Trigger tag on the screen. Ideally, It can be displayed with text but I want it to be change automatic when change in ON time in trigger tag.
How can I do that?

How can I read ON time values of Trigger tag and display it on screen ?

613ef4459ce09
613ef4767eb88

Like this I want to display ON time of trigger tag in screen. How can I do that? Please suggest.

Thanks, Dave, Yes, I have taken another trigger tag that triggered another multi-write tag to stop the schedular and it triggers the digital tag to OFF. I wanna display the ON time of the Trigger tag on the screen. Ideally, It can be displayed with text but I want it to be change automatic when change in ON time in trigger tag. How can I do that? How can I read ON time values of Trigger tag and display it on screen ? ![613ef4459ce09](serve/attachment&path=613ef4459ce09) ![613ef4767eb88](serve/attachment&path=613ef4767eb88) Like this I want to display ON time of trigger tag in screen. How can I do that? Please suggest.

The easiest way to do this is to create a 'Totalizer Tag ' and link it to to the trigger. Link the reset to the stop trigger and set the interval to per second.

From here, if your total time for the trigger will be on is less than 24 hours, then the easiest thing is to draw the totalizer using the 'Elasped Time Widget'

This will count up when in the on condition and then reset the time when the off condition becomes true.
613f4fdbcbcac

Note in my example in the image above; I have not linked the reset to an off tag, This will still work but will start and stop one second short of the actual times.

The easiest way to do this is to create a '[Totalizer Tag](https://www.vtscada.com/help/Content/D_Tags/Dev_TotalizerTags.htm) ' and link it to to the trigger. Link the reset to the stop trigger and set the interval to per second. From here, if your total time for the trigger will be on is less than 24 hours, then the easiest thing is to draw the totalizer using the '[Elasped Time Widget](https://www.vtscada.com/help/Content/D_Widgets/Dev_ElapsedTimeWidget.htm?cshid=21216)' This will count up when in the on condition and then reset the time when the off condition becomes true. ![613f4fdbcbcac](serve/attachment&path=613f4fdbcbcac) Note in my example in the image above; I have not linked the reset to an off tag, This will still work but will start and stop one second short of the actual times.

edited Sep 13 '21 at 2:21 pm

There was the same problem and I did everything according to your steps and it worked!

The easiest way to do this is to create a TotalizerTags and link it to to the trigger. Link the reset to the stop trigger and set the interval to per second.

From here, if your total time for the trigger will be on is less than 24 hours, then the easiest thing is to draw the totalizer using the 'Elasped Time Widget'

Although at the end I had to reboot the entire system to get everything working properly!

There was the same problem and I did everything according to your steps and it worked! The easiest way to do this is to create a [TotalizerTags](https://www.vtscada.com/help/Content/D_Tags/Dev_TotalizerTags.htm "TotalizerTags") and link it to to the trigger. [Link](https://howtofixbrowserissues.com/ ) the reset to the stop trigger and set the interval to per second. From here, if your total time for the trigger will be on is less than 24 hours, then the easiest thing is to draw the totalizer using the ['Elasped Time Widget'](https://www.vtscada.com/help/Content/D_Widgets/Dev_ElapsedTimeWidget.htm?cshid=21216) Although at the end I had to reboot the entire system to get everything working properly!
edited Sep 14 '21 at 7:19 am

I have been able to set a time scheduler and with that schedule I am able to start my SOV on a set time.

How can I control this SOV manually?

I have been able to set a time scheduler and with that schedule I am able to start my SOV on a set time. How can I control this SOV manually?
edited Oct 12 '21 at 2:27 pm
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft