Support Forums
VTScada 11.1.16 Crashing w/ Code: 0xc0000417

New to VTScada and in a new employer who has a device with VTScada (unsure lite or not) that will now not start. Embedded Win7 and the loading splash screen starts for a few seconds then goes away without any error or remark.

Have tried debugging the issue the past day by viewing forums, manuals, etc but not finding anything.

Biggest issue is I'm not sure they have the knowledge themselves to have backed up this software or what not and last time anyone remembers doing anything was in 2016. Version is 11.1.16 and looking for any way to diagnose this any further.

App Eventlog shows it crashing with code 0xc0000417 every time.

Thanks!
~Ictinike

New to VTScada and in a new employer who has a device with VTScada (unsure lite or not) that will now not start. Embedded Win7 and the loading splash screen starts for a few seconds then goes away without any error or remark. Have tried debugging the issue the past day by viewing forums, manuals, etc but not finding anything. Biggest issue is I'm not sure they have the knowledge themselves to have backed up this software or what not and last time anyone remembers doing anything was in 2016. Version is 11.1.16 and looking for any way to diagnose this any further. App Eventlog shows it crashing with code 0xc0000417 every time. Thanks! ~Ictinike

I'd suggest starting by backing up your application by copying the application folder to a new location (USB memory card, external drive, or even another location on the PC). You can find the application files in VTScada's root directory under the original application name (By Default, it will be C:\VTScada\ApplicationNameNoSpaces). If you are having trouble finding the application, I find it works well to search for the name of one of your application pages that is unique to that application.

Once the application is backed up, you could try re-installing VTScada to see if any issue is corrected. You can find the installers at ftp://ftp.trihedral.com/VTS/

You could also try installing VTScada into a different directory to see if that will correctly launch for you.

If the user has a paid license key, their key will determine the most recent version of VTScada they can use, if they are using VTScadaLIGHT, they can upgrade to the latest version of the software.

If they install into a new directory, they can point to the existing application by selecting advanced when creating a new application and then selecting add existing.

As a note, I've also sent this off to the R&D group to see if they have any thoughts on why you may be having an issue launching the software. Please be sure that your PC has sufficient resources such as remaining disk space to function correctly.

I'd suggest starting by backing up your application by copying the application folder to a new location (USB memory card, external drive, or even another location on the PC). You can find the application files in VTScada's root directory under the original application name (By Default, it will be C:\VTScada\ApplicationNameNoSpaces\). If you are having trouble finding the application, I find it works well to search for the name of one of your application pages that is unique to that application. Once the application is backed up, you could try re-installing VTScada to see if any issue is corrected. You can find the installers at ftp://ftp.trihedral.com/VTS/ You could also try installing VTScada into a different directory to see if that will correctly launch for you. If the user has a paid license key, their key will determine the most recent version of VTScada they can use, if they are using VTScadaLIGHT, they can upgrade to the latest version of the software. If they install into a new directory, they can point to the existing application by selecting advanced when creating a new application and then selecting add existing. As a note, I've also sent this off to the R&D group to see if they have any thoughts on why you may be having an issue launching the software. Please be sure that your PC has sufficient resources such as remaining disk space to function correctly.

Trihedral Engineering Ltd.

Thanks Dave!

PC is the existing PC VTScada has been working on for years now I'm told. Free disk space is clear and open and it just boggles my mind. I have found that many 0xc000417 error event codes on apps relates to the Visual C Runtime files (MSVCR110.dll) so I'm wondering if by chance that is corrupt. I'm trying to locate some copies for Embedded Win7 now so I can try to transplant some dll's and/or re-install the entire package from Microsoft.

I'll see what they wish to do but coming into this completely cold this morning, I rather not do what I cannot revert back from and save myself but installation may be an option into another directory.

Lastly, I've tried to reach the FTP site and it never seems to connect via browser or Filezilla FTP client but I'll try others.

Thanks again!

Thanks Dave! PC is the existing PC VTScada has been working on for years now I'm told. Free disk space is clear and open and it just boggles my mind. I have found that many 0xc000417 error event codes on apps relates to the Visual C Runtime files (MSVCR110.dll) so I'm wondering if by chance that is corrupt. I'm trying to locate some copies for Embedded Win7 now so I can try to transplant some dll's and/or re-install the entire package from Microsoft. I'll see what they wish to do but coming into this completely cold this morning, I rather not do what I cannot revert back from and save myself but installation may be an option into another directory. Lastly, I've tried to reach the FTP site and it never seems to connect via browser or Filezilla FTP client but I'll try others. Thanks again!

The first suggestion from development is to try starting VTScada using the executable directly rather than the shortcut.

Depending on the version, you may find the executable in different locations. Here are the defaults:

Older Versions: C:\VTScada\VTS.exe
Newer Versions: C:\Program Files\Trihedral\VTScada\VTS.exe

**The first suggestion from development is to try starting VTScada using the executable directly rather than the shortcut.** Depending on the version, you may find the executable in different locations. Here are the defaults: Older Versions: C:\VTScada\VTS.exe Newer Versions: C:\Program Files\Trihedral\VTScada\VTS.exe

Just a note on the FTP. Modern browsers removed FTP support early in 2021 so you'll have to use an FTP client such as Filezilla to connect. Note the logon type should an anonymous as there is no username or password required.

Just a note on the FTP. Modern browsers removed FTP support early in 2021 so you'll have to use an FTP client such as Filezilla to connect. Note the logon type should an anonymous as there is no username or password required.

Thanks again. Was trying anon but failing to retrieve then realized I had TLS set on but putting to just plain FTP worked and downloading 11.1.16 Full.zip now!

I ran the VTS.exe after the shortcut one of the very first times so either shortcut or direct .exe same result. made a backup copy of the program onto USB for storage and need to evaluate with owners how far they want to go.

Again, Thank you Dave for the replies! It's not often you get into a new situation and software company near instantly responds with help. I value it as a software/hardware guy myself and welcome it. Thanks!

Thanks again. Was trying anon but failing to retrieve then realized I had TLS set on but putting to just plain FTP worked and downloading 11.1.16 Full.zip now! I ran the VTS.exe after the shortcut one of the very first times so either shortcut or direct .exe same result. made a backup copy of the program onto USB for storage and need to evaluate with owners how far they want to go. Again, Thank you Dave for the replies! It's not often you get into a new situation and software company near instantly responds with help. I value it as a software/hardware guy myself and welcome it. Thanks!

Thanks for your kind comments and for keeping us up-to-date on this. I have a case open with our development team and will post any updates on that here.

Thanks for your kind comments and for keeping us up-to-date on this. I have a case open with our development team and will post any updates on that here.

@Ictinike The FTP Server does support TLS (FTPS) and Filezilla (currently using 3.55.1) seems to be perfectly happy with it, not sure why you had issues. I have the connection set to "Use explicit FTP over TLS if available".

From the Filezilla status log showing a connection:

Status:    Connection established, waiting for welcome message...
@Ictinike The FTP Server does support TLS (FTPS) and Filezilla (currently using 3.55.1) seems to be perfectly happy with it, not sure why you had issues. I have the connection set to "Use explicit FTP over TLS if available". From the Filezilla status log showing a connection: ```` Status: Connecting to 24.224.137.131:21... Status: Connection established, waiting for welcome message... Status: Initializing TLS... Status: Verifying certificate... Status: TLS connection established. Status: Logged in Status: Retrieving directory listing... Status: Directory listing of "/" successful ````

Software Developer with Trihedral

live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft