Support Forums
PLC5 -> NET-ENI Error

Hello,

We are trying to set up communications from VT to a PLC5 over ethernet through a NET-ENI adapter. I can connect to the PLC over ethernet through RSLogix, but am only receiving errors on the VT end. I have the following configurations:

TCP/IP Port - IP address, port 44818
AB DF1 Driver - I have tried this both serial and TCP/IP but cannot read any values. I can see the driver will connect with 0 errors, but as soon as I add any tags it will error.

Any suggestions on settings to try for this? I can connect VT serial DF1 but once the ENI is installed I cannot.

61faf2b524deb
61faf2b54b1d2
61faf2dc7a65b

Hello, We are trying to set up communications from VT to a PLC5 over ethernet through a NET-ENI adapter. I can connect to the PLC over ethernet through RSLogix, but am only receiving errors on the VT end. I have the following configurations: TCP/IP Port - IP address, port 44818 AB DF1 Driver - I have tried this both serial and TCP/IP but cannot read any values. I can see the driver will connect with 0 errors, but as soon as I add any tags it will error. Any suggestions on settings to try for this? I can connect VT serial DF1 but once the ENI is installed I cannot. ![61faf2b524deb](serve/attachment&path=61faf2b524deb) ![61faf2b54b1d2](serve/attachment&path=61faf2b54b1d2) ![61faf2dc7a65b](serve/attachment&path=61faf2dc7a65b)

you shouldnt be using the serial port tab, you should only use the TCP/IP tab of the DF1 driver. confirm the port is 44818 or port 2222.

you shouldnt be using the serial port tab, you should only use the TCP/IP tab of the DF1 driver. confirm the port is 44818 or port 2222.

If I remember correctly, you should try this:

1. create a separate TCP/IP port tag pointing to the NET-ENI on port 44818
  2. set the AB driver to PLC/5 and Serial/Modem communications mode on the Type tab
  3. set the Port to be the stand-alone TCP/IP port (from 1. above) on the Serial Tab
If I remember correctly, you should try this: 1. create a separate TCP/IP port tag pointing to the NET-ENI on port 44818 2. set the AB driver to PLC/5 and Serial/Modem communications mode on the Type tab 3. set the Port to be the stand-alone TCP/IP port (from 1. above) on the Serial Tab
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft