Support Forums
SNMP Driver and Port Config

I am trying to communicate with an SNMP-enabled Ethernet switch. I added a Driver which is connected to a UDP Port, which requires a local and remote port #. Should it be 161 for both? I have imported the MIB file and created a tag, but the driver is not communicating.

Regards

I am trying to communicate with an SNMP-enabled Ethernet switch. I added a Driver which is connected to a UDP Port, which requires a local and remote port #. Should it be 161 for both? I have imported the MIB file and created a tag, but the driver is not communicating. Regards

It sounds as though everything is correct. Setting both ports to 161 is fine.

When you load the MIB file, did it indicate any errors? When you click the MIB address assist button, it would be in red at the top of the window.

If you draw the Show Stats for the SNMP driver, does it show any errors? Can you send us a changeset?

It sounds as though everything is correct. Setting both ports to 161 is fine. When you load the MIB file, did it indicate any errors? When you click the MIB address assist button, it would be in red at the top of the window. If you draw the Show Stats for the SNMP driver, does it show any errors? Can you send us a changeset?

Doug Spurrell

The best thing to do is get a MIB browser first and use it to make sure your OIDs that you are trying to use are correct. Also make sure the device that you are connected to has SNMP activated and that you are using the right SNMP version. Lastly, check and make sure your community strings match on your SNMP driver and the device you are connecting to. Hope this helps!

The best thing to do is get a MIB browser first and use it to make sure your OIDs that you are trying to use are correct. Also make sure the device that you are connected to has SNMP activated and that you are using the right SNMP version. Lastly, check and make sure your community strings match on your SNMP driver and the device you are connecting to. Hope this helps!

Thanks everyone for the tips! I was using a RFC-standard MIB template, and must have been trying to read an invalid item. I found a similar item and was able to see the data updating. I will add the SNMP Driver stats for good measure. That would have saved me some troubleshooting time.

Thanks everyone for the tips! I was using a RFC-standard MIB template, and must have been trying to read an invalid item. I found a similar item and was able to see the data updating. I will add the SNMP Driver stats for good measure. That would have saved me some troubleshooting time.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft