Support Forums
Need a lot of help....

I have a large mobile treatment facility that has not been operated in 4 or 5 years. I just recently refurbished the entire set up and went to launch the scada computer only to find out it is completely shot. I have an old back up of the scada folder but it does not tell me what SCADA program was used to develop. I am hoping that I can utilize VT Scada to import the old programming but have no idea if it is possible. Is there any way to pull in all of this data or is it all different depending on which SCADA controller was used to design the programs?

I have a large mobile treatment facility that has not been operated in 4 or 5 years. I just recently refurbished the entire set up and went to launch the scada computer only to find out it is completely shot. I have an old back up of the scada folder but it does not tell me what SCADA program was used to develop. I am hoping that I can utilize VT Scada to import the old programming but have no idea if it is possible. Is there any way to pull in all of this data or is it all different depending on which SCADA controller was used to design the programs?

It would be different for each Scada/HMI. We do have some utilities that can help convert tags from some systems depending on how old they are. This might be better if you contact us directly, please. Drop a note with your details to support@trihedral.com.

It would be different for each Scada/HMI. We do have some utilities that can help convert tags from some systems depending on how old they are. This might be better if you contact us directly, please. Drop a note with your details to support@trihedral.com.

Doug Spurrell

I am missing something, I think? What folder?

Befor ewe can do anything, you still have to determine what the original scada system was. My only point being, depending on the system and the age, we might have something that will help convert tags. We won;t have anything that will do anything about history.

I am missing something, I think? What folder? Befor ewe can do anything, you still have to determine what the original scada system was. My only point being, depending on the system and the age, we might have something that will help convert tags. We won;t have anything that will do anything about history.

Doug Spurrell

Generally, a listing of the folders inside the "Scada Folder" can tell you which platform it was built on. For instance RSview and FactoryTalk View have a subfolder on every project named Gfx and Newer versions of said will have a SQL database fileset in a Folder named TAG.

Wonderware will have a File of type .win for each page.

If I saw a "WIDGETS" folder I'd recognise it as VTscada.

I've run on a bit but if I could see the file listing of this scada folder I'd have about a half and half chance of knowing the platform it was developed in.

Generally, a listing of the folders inside the "Scada Folder" can tell you which platform it was built on. For instance RSview and FactoryTalk View have a subfolder on every project named Gfx and Newer versions of said will have a SQL database fileset in a Folder named TAG. Wonderware will have a File of type .win for each page. If I saw a "WIDGETS" folder I'd recognise it as VTscada. I've run on a bit but if I could see the file listing of this scada folder I'd have about a half and half chance of knowing the platform it was developed in.

Century Control Systems, Inc. www.centurycontrolsystems-inc.com

Ooops. My fault on that one Mel. I missed that you were asking the name of the folder to see the construction. I thought it was the poster asking. I must have needed coffee...or a drink.

exxile000 - What Mel says is practical though,. If you can give us the file structure, maybe someone could identify the original Scada system.

Ooops. My fault on that one Mel. I missed that you were asking the name of the folder to see the construction. I thought it was the poster asking. I must have needed coffee...or a drink. exxile000 - What Mel says is practical though,. If you can give us the file structure, maybe someone could identify the original Scada system.

Doug Spurrell

live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft