Support Forums
Multi Color Widget help

I was wondering how the multi color widget works with a single digital input. For some reason I can't figure out how it works. I seen in the programmers guide on how to do it with an analog input and triggers but I couldn't find it used with a digital input.

Basically I was just going to take one digital input tag from my Allen bradley plc and use the multi color widget to display when it is on and off.

Thanks.

I was wondering how the multi color widget works with a single digital input. For some reason I can't figure out how it works. I seen in the programmers guide on how to do it with an analog input and triggers but I couldn't find it used with a digital input. Basically I was just going to take one digital input tag from my Allen bradley plc and use the multi color widget to display when it is on and off. Thanks.

The multi color widget is not in the digital widgets family. If you check the help docs for it, you will see the various tags that can use it.

To get a similar effect, draw the digital tag - Basic Components - Color Indications. Select Color Box (4 state). Since the digital tag can accept two possible input address, it can really display four possible states from zero to three. The equivalent two state widget is used for alarm tags which can only be on or off.

I would suggest, however, having a look at the Status Color Indicator. You can use it in conjunction with Style tags to better indicate the value of the digital tag.

The multi color widget is not in the digital widgets family. If you check the help docs for it, you will see the various tags that can use it. To get a similar effect, draw the digital tag - Basic Components - Color Indications. Select Color Box (4 state). Since the digital tag can accept two possible input address, it can really display four possible states from zero to three. The equivalent two state widget is used for alarm tags which can only be on or off. I would suggest, however, having a look at the Status Color Indicator. You can use it in conjunction with Style tags to better indicate the value of the digital tag.

Doug Spurrell

live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft