Support Forums
Confirmation dialog message

Question: How to change the message that appears in the confirmation pop-up when the "Confirmation dialog" is enable in a button?

This is the default message:
667d4a66efc63

"Are you sure you want to change the value to Running?"

This is what I would like it to say:
667d4aa74966d

"Are you sure you want to issue this control action?"

What is the procedure to change the confirmation pop-up message?

I found no pop-up page for confirmation.

Question: How to change the message that appears in the confirmation pop-up when the "Confirmation dialog" is enable in a button? This is the default message: ![667d4a66efc63](serve/attachment&path=667d4a66efc63) "Are you sure you want to change the value to Running?" This is what I would like it to say: ![667d4aa74966d](serve/attachment&path=667d4aa74966d) "Are you sure you want to issue this control action?" What is the procedure to change the confirmation pop-up message? I found no pop-up page for confirmation.
edited Jun 27 at 12:26 pm

You have some control over that, depending on the type of tag it's linked to. Hopefully, you used an I/O tag, not a legacy Digital Control.
Refer to Confirmation Prompts for Output Tags

The title is a hard-coded phrase. You could edit that using the languages dialog , noting that it will affect every instance of "Are You Sure?".

As for adding the name of the tag within the dialog in addition to the rest of the confirmation message... Sorry but this type of dialog doesn't allow for that level of customization.

You have some control over that, depending on the type of tag it's linked to. Hopefully, you used an I/O tag, not a legacy Digital Control. Refer to [Confirmation Prompts for Output Tags](https://www.vtscada.com/help/Content/D_Tags/Dev_OutputConfirmation.htm) The title is a hard-coded phrase. You could edit that using the [languages dialog](https://www.vtscada.com/help/Content/D_Customize/Dev_LanguagePanel.htm) , noting that it will affect every instance of "Are You Sure?". As for adding the name of the tag within the dialog in addition to the rest of the confirmation message... Sorry but this type of dialog doesn't allow for that level of customization.
edited Jun 27 at 3:06 pm

Andrew, thanks for your comments. I end up exporting the language dialog to a CSV file and searching for the default message I'm getting but did not find it. I contact support and they provided feedback but no solution yet.

In the meantime, I decided to move forward and create a "Confirm" pop-up, a widget with a generic message, and created a Type Tag containing a Reset tag and a String tag to describe what is being reset.

Wherever I need to reset a total I use a page button to open the confirm pop-up. In the pop-up the "Yes" button sets the reset tag.

Tags:

667ea93b5cdce

Examle 1:

667ea8378c494

Example 2:

667ea87f06990

This is the long way to implement a "Confirm" feature. I'm searching for a way to close the Confirm pop-up when the operator clicks "Yes" besides setting the corresponding tag. Anyway, I'm looking forward for the VTScada check-off box version that would make this feature simple to use like other systems I've worked on.

Andrew, thanks for your comments. I end up exporting the language dialog to a CSV file and searching for the default message I'm getting but did not find it. I contact support and they provided feedback but no solution yet. In the meantime, I decided to move forward and create a "Confirm" pop-up, a widget with a generic message, and created a Type Tag containing a Reset tag and a String tag to describe what is being reset. Wherever I need to reset a total I use a page button to open the confirm pop-up. In the pop-up the "Yes" button sets the reset tag. Tags: ![667ea93b5cdce](serve/attachment&path=667ea93b5cdce) Examle 1: ![667ea8378c494](serve/attachment&path=667ea8378c494) Example 2: ![667ea87f06990](serve/attachment&path=667ea87f06990) This is the long way to implement a "Confirm" feature. I'm searching for a way to close the Confirm pop-up when the operator clicks "Yes" besides setting the corresponding tag. Anyway, I'm looking forward for the VTScada check-off box version that would make this feature simple to use like other systems I've worked on.

Update: Got the following feedback from tech support:

To update the default message in the confirm pop-up do this:

1. Open the Application Configuration.
  2. Select Languages.
  3. Ensure English is selected and Hide OEM Phrases in not checked.
  4. In the Filter field enter "Are you sure you want to change the value to %0?", without quotes.
  5. The phrase field, replace "Are you sure you want to change the value to %0?" with "Are you sure you want to issue this control action?".
  6. Click apply.

Note: If you export the language file the key (Column A) for this specific text is: "ConfirmChangeToValue"

Example result:

667edcb264646

Now I have two Confirmation methods. A standard generic method and an equipment specific method.

Update: Got the following feedback from tech support: To update the default message in the confirm pop-up do this: 1. Open the Application Configuration. 2. Select Languages. 3. Ensure English is selected and Hide OEM Phrases in not checked. 4. In the Filter field enter "Are you sure you want to change the value to %0?", without quotes. 5. The phrase field, replace "Are you sure you want to change the value to %0?" with "Are you sure you want to issue this control action?". 6. Click apply. Note: If you export the language file the key (Column A) for this specific text is: "ConfirmChangeToValue" Example result: ![667edcb264646](serve/attachment&path=667edcb264646) Now I have two Confirmation methods. A standard generic method and an equipment specific method. .
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft