General Discussions
How to communicate Allen-Bradley Micrologix 1100 on VTScada?

I'm trying to communicate between the Allen-Bradley MicroLogix 1100 and VTScada.

I did the following procedures:

1. I created a Context TAG with the name of my PLC;
  2. Then, within the Context TAG, I created another TCP/IP tag;
  3. In the TCP/IP TAG I entered the Address of my PLC and the Port: 44818;
  4. Within the TCP/IP TAG, I created the Driver TAG and selected the Rockwell Allen Bradley Devices Driver;
  5. In the Configuration tab, I selected the following items: 5.1 PLC Mode: Compactic Logix/ ControlLogix (Logical Addressing) 5.2 Port Segment: [1,2] 5.3 CIP Connection Target: Message Router, Connection Point 1 5.4 Check for PLC Changes: 30 5.5 Maximum Number of CIP Sessions: 1

I left the other tabs as standard, I didn't change them.

Then, having selected the Driver, I click to import but the driver does not appear.

Can someone help me?!

669fd5edd2c93

I'm trying to communicate between the Allen-Bradley MicroLogix 1100 and VTScada. I did the following procedures: 1. I created a Context TAG with the name of my PLC; 2. Then, within the Context TAG, I created another TCP/IP tag; 3. In the TCP/IP TAG I entered the Address of my PLC and the Port: 44818; 4. Within the TCP/IP TAG, I created the Driver TAG and selected the Rockwell Allen Bradley Devices Driver; 5. In the Configuration tab, I selected the following items: 5.1 PLC Mode: Compactic Logix/ ControlLogix (Logical Addressing) 5.2 Port Segment: [1,2] 5.3 CIP Connection Target: Message Router, Connection Point 1 5.4 Check for PLC Changes: 30 5.5 Maximum Number of CIP Sessions: 1 I left the other tabs as standard, I didn't change them. Then, having selected the Driver, I click to import but the driver does not appear. Can someone help me?! [669fd5edd2c93](serve/attachment&path=669fd5edd2c93)
edited Jul 23 at 5:10 pm

I think you should be using the PLC Mode "PCCC over CIP", however I've not tried the MicroLogix yet - worth reading the help file below and assosated pages:
https://www.vtscada.com/help/Content/D_Tags/D_RockwellDriverTag.htm?tocpath=Reference%7CTag%20Reference%7CCommunication%20Driver%20Tags%7CRockwell%20Driver%20Tag%7C_____0

Let us know how you get on.

I think you should be using the PLC Mode "PCCC over CIP", however I've not tried the MicroLogix yet - worth reading the help file below and assosated pages: https://www.vtscada.com/help/Content/D_Tags/D_RockwellDriverTag.htm?tocpath=Reference%7CTag%20Reference%7CCommunication%20Driver%20Tags%7CRockwell%20Driver%20Tag%7C_____0 Let us know how you get on.

I've been taking a look. What left me in doubt was the "PLC Octal" to put in the PLC Address Octal field and the VTS each Link. If you can make the communication in the MicroLogix 1100, I'll be happy, because I've been trying for a few days now without interruption. And I'm also doing consulting. The DF1 placed in CSP/Socket TCP/IP.

I've been taking a look. What left me in doubt was the "PLC Octal" to put in the PLC Address Octal field and the VTS each Link. If you can make the communication in the MicroLogix 1100, I'll be happy, because I've been trying for a few days now without interruption. And I'm also doing consulting. The DF1 placed in CSP/Socket TCP/IP.

I don't have plans (or a spare MicroLogixs) to test this, however the help files do a good job at explaining the Octal addressing, link below. The addresses will be unique to your application so cannot help with them. Though if you are seeing any error messages on the driver they will help you out too.

https://www.vtscada.com/help/Content/D_Tags/Allen-Bradley-Addressing.htm

I don't have plans (or a spare MicroLogixs) to test this, however the help files do a good job at explaining the Octal addressing, link below. The addresses will be unique to your application so cannot help with them. Though if you are seeing any error messages on the driver they will help you out too. https://www.vtscada.com/help/Content/D_Tags/Allen-Bradley-Addressing.htm
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft