General Discussions
What I/O are you using with VTScadaLIGHT?

What I/O board or device are you using with VTScadaLIGHT? I need a low cost analog and digital in with digital out. Also, what PC are you using with the I/O?

Thank you,
Brian

What I/O board or device are you using with VTScadaLIGHT? I need a low cost analog and digital in with digital out. Also, what PC are you using with the I/O? Thank you, Brian

Hi Brian,

You might want to have a look at the Click series PLCs from Automation Direct. These units combine low cost I/O with Modbus serial and/or Open Modbus/TCP communications, and are also fully programmable.

Lawrence

Hi Brian, You might want to have a look at the Click series PLCs from Automation Direct. These units combine low cost I/O with Modbus serial and/or Open Modbus/TCP communications, and are also fully programmable. Lawrence

Lawrence MacNeil
Trihedral Engineering Limited

edited Feb 14 '17 at 4:36 pm

It doesn't take much CPU to run VTScada; we have run demo applications at nearly 1K tags on windows 10 PC-on-a-stick with Atom processors. I'm using a 2.4 GHz laptop and have no issue running several applications at the same time.

If you're looking at using a touchscreen, I'd suggest getting something fully compatible with Windows 10 touch interface and putting it in tablet mode. That way, the Windows 10 keyboard will popup when you click into any text box.

It doesn't take much CPU to run VTScada; we have run demo applications at nearly 1K tags on windows 10 PC-on-a-stick with Atom processors. I'm using a 2.4 GHz laptop and have no issue running several applications at the same time. If you're looking at using a touchscreen, I'd suggest getting something fully compatible with Windows 10 touch interface and putting it in tablet mode. That way, the Windows 10 keyboard will popup when you click into any text box.

Trihedral Engineering Ltd.

edited Feb 14 '17 at 5:47 pm

I haven't tried these personally but they support Modbus/TCP and look ideal for smaller applications:

http://www.controlbyweb.com/products.html

Hope this helps.

I haven't tried these personally but they support Modbus/TCP and look ideal for smaller applications: http://www.controlbyweb.com/products.html Hope this helps.

Trihedral Engineering Ltd.

live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft