Support Forums
Need help using application properties

I need an expression to read application properties.

I found something in the help describing how to "Use Application Properties" in an expression however it's actually describing how to use system properties in an expression.

https://www.vtscada.com/help/Content/Scripting/Expressions/UseAppProperties.htm

When tried to use ...

\Code.PropertyName

... it did not work when my property was in the application section but it did work when my property was in the system section.

What's the syntax for an expression which reads a property from an application's application section?

I need an expression to read application properties. I found something in the help describing how to ["Use Application Properties"](https://www.vtscada.com/help/Content/Scripting/Expressions/UseAppProperties.htm?tocpath=Scripting%7CExpressions%7C_____10 ""Use Application Properties"") in an expression however it's actually describing how to use system properties in an expression. [https://www.vtscada.com/help/Content/Scripting/Expressions/UseAppProperties.htm](https://www.vtscada.com/help/Content/Scripting/Expressions/UseAppProperties.htm) When tried to use ... ```` \Code.PropertyName ```` ... it did not work when my property was in the application section but it did work when my property was in the system section. What's the syntax for an expression which reads a property from an application's application section?

I believe I did that months ago. I've been fighting with this for some time.

I'll try that again & let you know.

I believe I did that months ago. I've been fighting with this for some time. I'll try that again & let you know.

tested again & it still doesn't work

When I use

\PropertyName

I can't properties from the application section.

It seems to work the same way as

\Code.PropertyName
tested again & it still doesn't work When I use ```` \PropertyName ```` I can't properties from the application section. It seems to work the same way as ```` \Code.PropertyName ````

I believe \Property name is the same as \System.PropertyName

I'm guessing I'm confused by where you application properties are located if you are not able to access them there. using one of the basic methods you have tried.

Typically, application property calls progress up the tag tree all the way to the OEM system/application properties and will return a value at the first instance they encounter.

IE: You can have a property called \WidgetBackgroundColor defined in the Application Properties. You can also redefine that property in a context tag. Any references made by children of the context tag will return the result defined in the context tag while property references made outside of that would return the top level application property.

I believe \Property name is the same as \System.PropertyName I'm guessing I'm confused by where you application properties are located if you are not able to access them there. using one of the basic methods you have tried. Typically, application property calls progress up the tag tree all the way to the OEM system/application properties and will return a value at the first instance they encounter. IE: You can have a property called \WidgetBackgroundColor defined in the Application Properties. You can also redefine that property in a context tag. Any references made by children of the context tag will return the result defined in the context tag while property references made outside of that would return the top level application property.

Trihedral Engineering Ltd.

I believe \Property name is the same as \System.PropertyName

Actually \System.PropertyName returns invalid. See below.

Also (see below) none of the expressions suggested in the help or in these replies ...

\Code.PropertyName
\PropertyName
\System.PropertyName

... work with *"Application" properties.

*I've highlighted the word "Application" to provide context.

> I believe \Property name is the same as \System.PropertyName Actually \System.PropertyName returns invalid. See below. Also (see below) none of the expressions suggested in the help or in these replies ... ```` \Code.PropertyName \PropertyName \System.PropertyName ```` ... work with *"Application" properties. *I've highlighted the word "Application" to provide context. ![6467800446010](serve/attachment&path=6467800446010)
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft