General Discussions
How to connect a P2-550 automationdirect cpu to VTScada

Hello,

I am trying to make a historian for the company I work at and they are using a P2-550 cpu for their PLC. I was wondering the best way to connect to this to log information in the system historian and cannot find out a way to solve this problem. I know the IP Address for the PLC. I am just confused on how to get tags from the PLC to log them into the Historian here on VTScada. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Hello, I am trying to make a historian for the company I work at and they are using a P2-550 cpu for their PLC. I was wondering the best way to connect to this to log information in the system historian and cannot find out a way to solve this problem. I know the IP Address for the PLC. I am just confused on how to get tags from the PLC to log them into the Historian here on VTScada. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Hello, I have never used the P2-550 CPU, however I believe it supports modbus TCP/IP. If you are able to set this up on the PLC, or know specific addresses that you are looking to monitor, I would recommend looking up the VTScada help files, the VTScada Acadamy, and VTScada Youtube channel - these have lots of information regarding comms setup.

Hello, I have never used the P2-550 CPU, however I believe it supports modbus TCP/IP. If you are able to set this up on the PLC, or know specific addresses that you are looking to monitor, I would recommend looking up the VTScada help files, the VTScada Acadamy, and VTScada Youtube channel - these have lots of information regarding comms setup.

Hello TomE! Thank you for your help. I set it up as a OpenModbus TCP and it work perfectly. Got it setup and and logging in data on a historian chart. Thank you for your help!

Hello TomE! Thank you for your help. I set it up as a OpenModbus TCP and it work perfectly. Got it setup and and logging in data on a historian chart. Thank you for your help!
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft