Support Forums
command line options for VTScadaODBCDriverInstall.exe

When I run VTScadaODBCDriverInstall.exe the install completes almost immediately, so quickly I don't even have time to click on the "Show Details" button to see what's going on.

Is there a command line option that will allow me to enable logging of the install activity to a text file?

The 3rd party software which needs this driver doesn't detect it as installed & reinstalling our driver isn't helping.

I hope this install log file, if available, will lead to something interesting & help with my troubleshooting.

When I run VTScadaODBCDriverInstall.exe the install completes almost immediately, so quickly I don't even have time to click on the "Show Details" button to see what's going on. Is there a command line option that will allow me to enable logging of the install activity to a text file? The 3rd party software which needs this driver doesn't detect it as installed & reinstalling our driver isn't helping. I hope this install log file, if available, will lead to something interesting & help with my troubleshooting.

Once installed and likely after a restart, you should be able to see the driver by running the Windows ODBC Data Sources tool ( C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Administrative Tools\ODBC Data Sources (64-bit).lnk )

Please also note that the ODBC driver would be installed on the client machine.

Once installed and likely after a restart, you should be able to see the driver by running the Windows ODBC Data Sources tool ( C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Administrative Tools\ODBC Data Sources (64-bit).lnk ) Please also note that the ODBC driver would be installed on the client machine.

Trihedral Engineering Ltd.

Yeah, it's here.

64a6ba5cdaffc

That doesn't answer my question though. Are there command line options for VTScadaODBCDriverInstall.exe?

Yeah, it's here. ![64a6ba5cdaffc](serve/attachment&path=64a6ba5cdaffc) That doesn't answer my question though. Are there command line options for VTScadaODBCDriverInstall.exe?

No longer need command line options to setup logging. I found the setup log & there's nothing of interest in there.

I'll share its path on my Windows 7 machine in case others are looking for this and find this thread.

C:\Program Files\Trihedral\VTScadaODBCDriver\install.log

No longer need command line options to setup logging. I found the setup log & there's nothing of interest in there. I'll share its path on my Windows 7 machine in case others are looking for this and find this thread. C:\Program Files\Trihedral\VTScadaODBCDriver\install.log

I'm glad that you were able to answer your question.

I'm glad that you were able to answer your question.

Trihedral Engineering Ltd.

live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft