Support Forums
Changing tag types

Is there a way to convert the legacy I/O tags like the analog and digital status tags to the I/O and calculation tag without having to recreate each individual tag? Thanks!

Is there a way to convert the legacy I/O tags like the analog and digital status tags to the I/O and calculation tag without having to recreate each individual tag? Thanks!

I'd probably export the tags to an excel sheet (You can do that in your application settings). From there, you can map the tag properties over to the new type and then delete the other tags. Mapping the tag ID is probably a bad idea, that should probably be left blank but..... if mapping the tag ID works, there is a decent chance the history will also get mapped to the new tag type.

I'd probably export the tags to an excel sheet (You can do that in your application settings). From there, you can map the tag properties over to the new type and then delete the other tags. Mapping the tag ID is probably a bad idea, that should probably be left blank but..... if mapping the tag ID works, there is a decent chance the history will also get mapped to the new tag type.

Trihedral Engineering Ltd.

live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft