Support Forums
Report Tag Hanging

Hi Folks,

Two parts I could do with some help:

I commonly use VTScada to generate PDF charts etc. which it works great at. However occasionally when running a "standard report" it hangs up and the only way to resolve this is to disable the offending report tag and then enable again. I have not found a way to do this without going through the tag browser as the option to change this via the start condition is only at startup etc. Once this is done, I can try generating the report again and it works. It would be good to be able to link a momentary button etc to a reset to put the report tag back to 0, or even if it didn't hang up smile...

Secondly, is there a way of monitoring the progress of a report being generated i.e.0-100% other than the binary value of the tag (would be good to put a loading bar etc.).

Anyone seen the same and resolved it? We will be delivering a system next week which will generate a lot of reports daily - I'm keen to avoid calls about reports not being generated etc. - and I'd rather not give them access to the tag browser to disable/enable tags.

Hi Folks, Two parts I could do with some help: I commonly use VTScada to generate PDF charts etc. which it works great at. However occasionally when running a "standard report" it hangs up and the only way to resolve this is to disable the offending report tag and then enable again. I have not found a way to do this without going through the tag browser as the option to change this via the start condition is only at startup etc. Once this is done, I can try generating the report again and it works. It would be good to be able to link a momentary button etc to a reset to put the report tag back to 0, or even if it didn't hang up ;)... Secondly, is there a way of monitoring the progress of a report being generated i.e.0-100% other than the binary value of the tag (would be good to put a loading bar etc.). Anyone seen the same and resolved it? We will be delivering a system next week which will generate a lot of reports daily - I'm keen to avoid calls about reports not being generated etc. - and I'd rather not give them access to the tag browser to disable/enable tags.

If you have SupportPlus with us then this would be a great one to reach out to them with. Even if you don't have SupportPlus, they may be interested in looking into this for you. I'd suggest reaching out in either case.

I'm not sure about monitoring the page but I expect it would be simple to create a page button or object which restarts a tag when clicked in a few simple lines of code. If you don't get anywhere with SupportPlus, reach out and I'll see if I can get you the code to at least restart the tag.

If you have SupportPlus with us then this would be a great one to reach out to them with. Even if you don't have SupportPlus, they may be interested in looking into this for you. I'd suggest reaching out in either case. I'm not sure about monitoring the page but I expect it would be simple to create a page button or object which restarts a tag when clicked in a few simple lines of code. If you don't get anywhere with SupportPlus, reach out and I'll see if I can get you the code to at least restart the tag.

Trihedral Engineering Ltd.

live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft