Support Forums
Graphics mismatch

Hello.

Why does this happen?

I make a numeric entry in a Widget.

59d358deb478d.png

Looks like this.

59d35934a5e08.png

And I have made a PNG which I will overlay. Moving the PNG on top of the numeric entry. Looks exactly how I want it.

59d359a4c54d8.png

If I use this Widget on a page, this happens in runtime.

59d359d849d16.png

The digits just move to the left, messing up the design.
If I look at the page in Idea Studio, it looks correct.

59d35a370e599.png

There is also no way to adjust the Numeric Entry Text/Number. Like align left/middle/right.

59d35abddda55.png

Hello. Why does this happen? I make a numeric entry in a Widget. ![59d358deb478d.png](serve/attachment&path=59d358deb478d.png) Looks like this. ![59d35934a5e08.png](serve/attachment&path=59d35934a5e08.png) And I have made a PNG which I will overlay. Moving the PNG on top of the numeric entry. Looks exactly how I want it. ![59d359a4c54d8.png](serve/attachment&path=59d359a4c54d8.png) If I use this Widget on a page, this happens in runtime. ![59d359d849d16.png](serve/attachment&path=59d359d849d16.png) The digits just move to the left, messing up the design. If I look at the page in Idea Studio, it looks correct. ![59d35a370e599.png](serve/attachment&path=59d35a370e599.png) There is also no way to adjust the Numeric Entry Text/Number. Like align left/middle/right. ![59d35abddda55.png](serve/attachment&path=59d35abddda55.png)

Another graphical problem. If I use Merit, and lock a value to only be written to by admin. It will look like the value box to the left. Also messing up the design. I would like to decide the color of the non-writable input.

59d3620a9f879.png

Another graphical problem. If I use _Merit_, and lock a value to only be written to by _admin_. It will look like the value box to the left. Also messing up the design. I would like to decide the color of the non-writable input. ![59d3620a9f879.png](serve/attachment&path=59d3620a9f879.png)

Well, I can't argue with those results. The best I can suggest is to show your values using the Numeric Value Widget and to use a popup page to enter the new value(s). This will allow you to create a simple popup which administrative users can select.

Well, I can't argue with those results. The best I can suggest is to show your values using the Numeric Value Widget and to use a popup page to enter the new value(s). This will allow you to create a simple popup which administrative users can select.

Trihedral Engineering Ltd.

Well, that answers the last question. What about the first?

Well, that answers the last question. What about the first?

Hi Karstein.

You can align both the Numeric Entry and your background PNG by selecting both in the Idea Studio then using the arrange section. Note you may have to change ribbon selection to Widget Tools | Format to see these options.

59d4ad765bab9.png

I find the Match | Size and Align | Mid Points to be really useful.

With regards to re-sizing, I created a widget and saw similar results, but only after I had rendered the widget on the page, and then re-sized it. I expect this is down to a size transformation (the widget is being stretched on the page).

Once you have the final size of the widget, try removing and re-adding it to the page. This will transform it to the correct size and any further adjustments should work as expect.

I hope this helps - please let me know how you go.
Kind regards,
Keith

Hi Karstein. You can align both the Numeric Entry and your background PNG by selecting both in the Idea Studio then using the arrange section. Note you may have to change ribbon selection to Widget Tools | Format to see these options. ![59d4ad765bab9.png](serve/attachment&path=59d4ad765bab9.png) I find the Match | Size and Align | Mid Points to be really useful. With regards to re-sizing, I created a widget and saw similar results, but only after I had rendered the widget on the page, and then re-sized it. I expect this is down to a size transformation (the widget is being stretched on the page). Once you have the final size of the widget, try removing and re-adding it to the page. This will transform it to the correct size and any further adjustments should work as expect. I hope this helps - please let me know how you go. Kind regards, Keith

Keith Donaldson Director of Business Development Trihedral UK Limited +44 (0)1224 258915 keith.donaldson@trihedral.com

Thanks for suggestion. I have seen widgets/graphics get stretched before. But this is not the case here.
The graphics is 65x42 pixles. I put the actual PNG under the genie and compared from

Idea studio

59d4bcf977790.png

Runtime.

59d4bd0526c36.png

Nevermind the size difference, but look at the location of the "3". I am thinking the Runtime and Idea studio is using different Font settings, but there is no setting for font "outside" the Widget.

Thanks for suggestion. I have seen widgets/graphics get stretched before. But this is not the case here. The graphics is 65x42 pixles. I put the actual PNG under the genie and compared from Idea studio ![59d4bcf977790.png](serve/attachment&path=59d4bcf977790.png) Runtime. ![59d4bd0526c36.png](serve/attachment&path=59d4bd0526c36.png) Nevermind the size difference, but look at the location of the "3". I am thinking the Runtime and Idea studio is using different Font settings, but there is no setting for font "outside" the Widget.

Hi Karstein.

Could you email me a changeset with you widget showing the issue and I'll investigate further?

Thanks.
Keith

Hi Karstein. Could you email me a changeset with you widget showing the issue and I'll investigate further? Thanks. Keith

Keith Donaldson Director of Business Development Trihedral UK Limited +44 (0)1224 258915 keith.donaldson@trihedral.com

Hi Karstein.

Could you email me a changeset with you widget showing the issue and I'll investigate further?

Thanks.
Keith

Done.

>Hi Karstein. >Could you email me a changeset with you widget showing the issue and I'll investigate further? >Thanks. >Keith Done.

Try turning off page scaling to see if you have the same issue. If so, I think my first suggestion will work for both issues. On your main page, drawing the Numeric Value widget will allow you to center the text. When you create your popup, you can have you popup page a fixed size and will probably not have any issues with the alignment of your Numeric Entry widgets.

Try turning off page scaling to see if you have the same issue. If so, I think my first suggestion will work for both issues. On your main page, drawing the Numeric Value widget will allow you to center the text. When you create your popup, you can have you popup page a fixed size and will probably not have any issues with the alignment of your Numeric Entry widgets.

Trihedral Engineering Ltd.

Popup is not really a good solution, makes it complicated. Now I can jump throught the analog setting with TAB.

59d5105cec7b5.png

>Try turning off page scaling to see if you have the same issue. If so, I think my first suggestion will work for both issues. On your main page, drawing the Numeric Value widget will allow you to center the text. When you create your popup, you can have you popup page a fixed size and will probably not have any issues with the alignment of your Numeric Entry widgets. Popup is not really a good solution, makes it complicated. Now I can jump throught the analog setting with TAB. ![59d5105cec7b5.png](serve/attachment&path=59d5105cec7b5.png)
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft