Support Forums
Set Value Button Version 12.1.25 - 12.1.03

64f7958609d71

Pictured above, is an interval selection widget i created in version 12.1.25. Selecting each interval writes a value to a single tag via the set value PB. Depending on the which value is set from the button, another expression tag that will be high. As you can see above i have hour selected, this writes the value 2 to TCA_FASH_METER_VIEW. From there i have an expression on TCA_FASH_METER_VIEW_Hour that says if meter_view = 2 then go high, if not stay off (This can be seen below)

64f795d9950f3

After configuring all this on a dev server, i came to the realization that the live server is a different version of vtscada and the same widget can only write a single value which can be pictured below.

64f796fbe9f1b

Does anyone know of a comparable alternative in version 12.1.03? Or how i can get this to work with a single dynamic button?

Someone please help, thanks!

![64f7958609d71](serve/attachment&path=64f7958609d71) Pictured above, is an interval selection widget i created in version 12.1.25. Selecting each interval writes a value to a single tag via the set value PB. Depending on the which value is set from the button, another expression tag that will be high. As you can see above i have hour selected, this writes the value 2 to TCA_FASH_METER_VIEW. From there i have an expression on TCA_FASH_METER_VIEW_Hour that says if meter_view = 2 then go high, if not stay off (This can be seen below) ![64f795d9950f3](serve/attachment&path=64f795d9950f3) After configuring all this on a dev server, i came to the realization that the live server is a different version of vtscada and the same widget can only write a single value which can be pictured below. ![64f796fbe9f1b](serve/attachment&path=64f796fbe9f1b) Does anyone know of a comparable alternative in version 12.1.03? Or how i can get this to work with a single dynamic button? Someone please help, thanks!
edited Sep 5 '23 at 10:04 pm

There are a couple things you could do.
1) Use a Push Button instead of the Set Value button. You can replace the photo-realistic image with something plain.
Odd things about these widgets is that they don't show up as a way to draw an Analog, but they'll link to one without trouble.
2) Use a Droplist. Not the same appearance as what you were going for, but these are very flexible control widgets.

One other comment is that you can improve the expression. Try this instead:
True([TCA_FASH_METER_VIEW] == 2)

The advantage (besides being shorter) is that this will return FALSE / 0 instead of Invalid if the tag you're watching goes Invalid.

There are a couple things you could do. 1) Use a Push Button instead of the Set Value button. You can replace the photo-realistic image with something plain. Odd things about these widgets is that they don't show up as a way to draw an Analog, but they'll link to one without trouble. 2) Use a Droplist. Not the same appearance as what you were going for, but these are very flexible control widgets. One other comment is that you can improve the expression. Try this instead: True([TCA_FASH_METER_VIEW] == 2) The advantage (besides being shorter) is that this will return FALSE / 0 instead of Invalid if the tag you're watching goes Invalid.
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft