Support Forums
Connecting to Schneider Quantum PLC Values from I/O tags are all over the place

I'm connecting an old Schneider Quantum PLC (311 10 controller ) ( 770 01 NOE card). I've set up the Port driver to read the PLC address 155.177.184.94 Port is 502 (I confirmed from the old HMI we were using that it is the correct port.) For the Driver I set to Modbus compatible device as per the VT Scada recommendations for that connection. I've left everything else standard as nothing looked out of the ordinary and matched the previous HMI. When i connect to Ethernet i Get values back for my tags but they're all over the place they bounce from -30% to +30%. Some tags are pinned at their LRV I've tried to manipulate the values but nothing seems to stop the swings in the Values. I've read everything i can get my hand on and i'm at a loss. Any help is appreciated. I've also tried adding a +1 or -1 to the legacy addresses but that just pins the values at 25.8%
Cheers,

I'm connecting an old Schneider Quantum PLC (311 10 controller ) ( 770 01 NOE card). I've set up the Port driver to read the PLC address 155.177.184.94 Port is 502 (I confirmed from the old HMI we were using that it is the correct port.) For the Driver I set to Modbus compatible device as per the VT Scada recommendations for that connection. I've left everything else standard as nothing looked out of the ordinary and matched the previous HMI. When i connect to Ethernet i Get values back for my tags but they're all over the place they bounce from -30% to +30%. Some tags are pinned at their LRV I've tried to manipulate the values but nothing seems to stop the swings in the Values. I've read everything i can get my hand on and i'm at a loss. Any help is appreciated. I've also tried adding a +1 or -1 to the legacy addresses but that just pins the values at 25.8% Cheers,

Solved my own problem. PLC was outputting Real. Needed to convert to data types.

Solved my own problem. PLC was outputting Real. Needed to convert to data types.

Note that VTScada also supports address suffixes to identify non Modbus standard data types. IE: 40002/Float will read addresses 40002 and 40003 and interrupt the result as a single floating point value.

More on that here: https://www.vtscada.com/help/Content/D_Tags/Dev_DataSuffixesForTagIO.htm

Note that VTScada also supports address suffixes to identify non Modbus standard data types. IE: 40002/Float will read addresses 40002 and 40003 and interrupt the result as a single floating point value. More on that here: https://www.vtscada.com/help/Content/D_Tags/Dev_DataSuffixesForTagIO.htm

Trihedral Engineering Ltd.

live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft