Support Forums
TAG Expression with Data Suffix for Tag I/O Addressing

Hi,
I am trying to create a TAG context for a group of Modbus tags.
my data type is IEEE Double Precision Floating Point (8 bytes), and I need to write an expression for the TAG address so that the address will change by the meter number;
Meter #1:
TAG1 address: 31001/Double
TAG2 address: 31005/Double
TAG3 address: 31009/Double
Meter #2:
TAG1 address: 31021/Double
TAG2 address: 31025/Double
TAG3 address: 31029/Double
Meter #3 ......

can I use TAG Parameter Expression with TAG Data Suffix?

Hi, I am trying to create a TAG context for a group of Modbus tags. my data type is IEEE Double Precision Floating Point (8 bytes), and I need to write an expression for the TAG address so that the address will change by the meter number; Meter #1: TAG1 address: 31001/Double TAG2 address: 31005/Double TAG3 address: 31009/Double Meter #2: TAG1 address: 31021/Double TAG2 address: 31025/Double TAG3 address: 31029/Double Meter #3 ...... can I use TAG Parameter Expression with TAG Data Suffix?

In your expression, you'll want to use the concat() function to append the datatype to the number.

For example, let's say that you have a property in your parent context tag with the name MeterNumber, then your address expressions would look something like:

CONCAT(31001+10*(\MeterNumber-1),"/Double")
In your expression, you'll want to use the concat() function to append the datatype to the number. For example, let's say that you have a property in your parent context tag with the name MeterNumber, then your address expressions would look something like: ```` CONCAT(31001+10*(\MeterNumber-1),"/Double") ````

Trihedral Engineering Ltd.

edited Jan 3 at 1:35 pm
live preview
enter atleast 10 characters
WARNING: You mentioned %MENTIONS%, but they cannot see this message and will not be notified
Saving...
Saved
With selected deselect posts show selected posts
All posts under this topic will be deleted ?
Pending draft ... Click to resume editing
Discard draft